Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

happy with the trykon? HELP PLEASE

Old 11-18-2006, 11:09 AM

Default happy with the trykon? HELP PLEASE

i know this has been beaten to death, but this alot of money and i want expert opinions on what to do. heres the sitaution. i have only two bow dealerships close by. one deals parkers and bowtechs, but i hate the dealer. i would love to get a tribute but i refuse to buy anything from this guy. this leaves me with the other guy who is a hoyt dealer that has a few random bows and 3 brand new 06 trykons for 629. i can shop around or wait for 07's, but i am going to get this bow if there arent problems with this. ive been reading threads and it seems like people are trading in their trykons for new bows? im trading a shotgun towards whatever bow i decide on, and i kind of need to know quick if the 2006 trykon is a good hunting bow, or if i should try a different bow. and is this price reasonable with 07 bows out now? sorry for the topic and thanks for your help
Old 11-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: happy with the trykon? HELP PLEASE

TE, The Trykon is a very good bow. The 07 model Trykons are the same price as the 2006 models. I just returned 20 minutes ago from my dealer and he has both the 2006 and the 2007 Trykons at 659.00. I liked my Trykon alot, but sufferes a shoulder/back injury that reqired me to drop my poundage down to around 54lbs. The limbs were quite expensive to replace on the 2006 Tykon and I liked the changes and smoother draw of the Vectrix, so that is the reason I sold my Trykon. Otherwise I'd still have it. The Tribute is also a great bow, but I understand your principles about not giving someone you dislike any of your hard earned cash. Good luck! I hope I helped a little bit and didn't just confuse you.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:28 PM

Nothing wrong with my Trykon!!! Excellent bow IMHO! Love it!!! Don't know what to tell you though beings you don't like the Botech dealer! I bought my Trykon from a dealer who I really don't care for but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess!! Personally I would try out both the Bowtech & the Trykon to see which you like better!! If you only got the two shops to choose from! Otherwise go on a road trip!!!! Good luck!!!
Old 11-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Trykon, great shooting bow. I agree, shoot the Bowtech and the Hoyt before you buy, even if you hate the dealer, go shoot one from him then buy from somewhere else.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Spike

You won't be disappointed with the Trycon. The best bow I've ever shot. The draw does take a little getting used to. Not as smooth as most at the breakover point.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cant go wrong with the Trykon. The only reason I am selling mine is for the Vectrix.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:35 AM

ORIGINAL: bullmoose38

Cant go wrong with the Trykon. The only reason I am selling mine is for the Vectrix.
bullmoose38 is right about the Trykon! I will not sell mine but now I need to convince the wife to let me buy the Vulcan!!! Maybe I better try to sell one or two or three of my other 5 bows!
Old 11-19-2006, 10:23 AM

NON HOYT SHOOTER HERE . So this could sting a little! LOL ~! but I would get the 07 with the different cams . the trykon has the (being nice) not the smoothess cams in the industry . but to each his own. If you don't do your own work I would go with the dealer you like. a good dealer means as much as a good bow !