Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Most Exciting Morning to date

Old 11-18-2006, 09:50 AM

Default Most Exciting Morning to date

This morning i went with my dad and i was skunked on stand and he saw a small 6 point messing with 5 does. after that we decided we would go check out a marshy area to see if it was worth hunting. as we approached we heard something splashing through ankle high water then another set of noises less than 50 yards away. what we ended up guessing was a doe splashed through the water and finally got out. then we heard grunting and more splashing behind that. we never could see anything but could tell it was really close. the grunting kept on and it seemed like the deer was going back in forth through the water trying to find the trail. then all of a sudden the deer jumped a woodie and it took off flying then my dad for a a split second saw the size of his horns and swears it was a monster. it finally cleared out and then we heard more splashing this time we both saw the buck come busting through the water. it looked to be a 6 point or so. it left the area on the trail too and right as we were about to leave 3 wood ducks came flying in and landed in front of us. needless to say i liked the area and will be hunting there this afternoon and it was by far the most action i have ever been apart of. i am hoping this is a regular stomping ground and wasnt just a pass by
Old 11-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Most Exciting Morning to date

where in georgia are u that kind of stuff is always going on around where i hunt the big ones here go crazy
Old 11-19-2006, 07:06 AM

Default RE: Most Exciting Morning to date

Buckfever, in my area that situations plays out in the same area every year.That is what I'm looking forward to this week! Go get em.