Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Beware!

Old 11-17-2006, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Beware!

A while back A bunch of my family was over and my Grandson Cole (9 years old) asks me Pa Pa how you kill all these big bucks? I say why? you want to kill Big Bucks? He says YEP! So I reach down pick a piece of paper off the table, tear a 1" hole in it, and tell him to practice jabbing his finger through it, bending his finger like hes pulling a trigger after it goes through the hole, from a foot away. He asks why? I walk over to my quiver, take my release off it, (as if it had something to do with it) and tell him to just practice and I would tell him when he could do it fast. Well in a little while he comes and shows us how fast he could do it and wanted to know what it had to do with killing Big Bucks? So I told him, Cole back when I was young, Tuff, and good looking, (I grew out of that sissy stuf) I use to go out in the woods and find me a real good deer trail with a big tree next to, and down wind of it, Hide behind it, and wait for a big buck to come by. Soon as you see a Big Buck comming stick that finger in your mouth and wet it down real good, and when that Bucks head clears the tree were he cant see ya movin you jab that finger up his butt just as hard as you can, and bend that finger like a fish hook so he cant get away just asfast as you can, and hold on BOY caus hes gonna drag you around till hes so tierd he cant move, Then you take him! By now everyone in the house is laughing except my Wife, who says I should be ashamed of myself, and Cole who has thisP Oed look on his face because he knows he just got buggard! Now some time has passed, and I had forgottenall about telling Cole how to get a big Buck till my son told me Coles Teacher wanted to see me! I said why? (Im still scared to go see the teacher, that ment swats when I was a youngin) He said Coles teacher had the kids get up in front of the class, Pick a family member, and tell a story about them. YEP! Cole picked his Pa Pa, and how I got my Big Bucks! Teacher said Coles story was going just fine till he started acting it out, he was hideing behind a tree, stuck his finger in his mouth held it up to the class and told them that was for good penatration, then acted like he jabed it upa Bucksbutt about that time Coles teacher started yelling, Cole, Cole, I dont think this story is appropriate for this class, Cole said, well thats it except for the part were you bend your finger like a fish hook so it cant get away, and let it drag you around till it cant move no more!!! I guess he just had to finnish! So bewere, if you Bugger your Grandchildern thay just might Bugger ya back!
Old 11-17-2006, 03:48 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Beware!

That's great, great story! One time, when my son was in grade school, he told me they were studying astronomy. He told me that he could name all of the planets and he did. So, I tell my son, I'll give you $10 if you raise your hand in class and when the teacher calls on you, you ask her...."Is it true that they've spotted Klingons around Uranus?" He totally declined. Wouldn't even do it for $20.[:-]
Old 11-17-2006, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats to funny Man, I asking my wife soon as she wakes up if thats true! I think Our Cole would ask his teacher for 5 bucks. Family says im a bad influence on him?
Old 11-17-2006, 05:13 AM

I wouldn't say you are a bad influence. Just think of how your grandson will have that memory forever. I would be proud of that. Do not stop having fun with your grand kids, they grow up faster than your own kids did..
Old 11-17-2006, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow now thats a story to get a friday morning going!!!
Old 11-17-2006, 06:14 AM

LOL... that is a funny story...

actually around here if the teacher finds out that you like to hunt and are into shooting bows and guns.. They refer you to the school phycologist to make sure there is no signs of aggression. NY is losing alot of hunters due to this.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

LOL,thats a good one.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a great story. Good way to get your kids for all that they put us thru too. He will ALWAYS remember that so it is worth every bit. I can't wait to try that on my grandkids someday. I hope that is at least 10 years away though.

As for teachers sending kids to the phycologist that SUCKS. My son in 2nd grade talked about hunting and hockey all the time. The teacher was anti hunting and thought hockey was to violent for kids. She proceeded to send Matt off to another group for the "special needs kids". The next year we were told he did not need that and was put back with all the other kids. Really isa shame when these "teachers" have to put their views on others kids.[:@]
Old 11-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your right BowHuntND, thay grow up faster than you can blink an eye! Daughter just found out were going to have our 11th Grandchild, I hope thay all slow down soon, Im having a hard time keeping track of them all! And all of them Hunt and Fish. We just got Our 2 year old Granddaughter her first Bow and arrow set, talk about having a blast teaching her to shoot!! never seen anyone get so excited over a 6' bulls eye. Shes the only 2 year old girl I have ever seen drop her Babby Dolls in the floor when shs sees a deer on the TV and say OHoooo Pa Pa look at that big buck!Salty, we havent got to that problem here in Michigan yet, as a matter of fact, Opening day of Rifle season is like a Holliday!
Old 11-18-2006, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats hilarious Silver!!

Good ol WV. Glad things are still old fashioned here. Its like MI. The gun opener may as wellbe a national holiday cause most of the state is shut down...as it darn well should be That really doesnt surprise me from NY but it does from the upstate part. I thought upstate was sorta immune to the inner city bs.