Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quesion: How often do you wash your hunting clothes?

Old 11-16-2006, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default Quesion: How often do you wash your hunting clothes?

You already read the question but also, do you believe you have ever been detected even after using cover scent because your clothing wasn't clean?
Old 11-16-2006, 07:52 PM

Default RE: Quesion: How often do you wash your hunting clothes?

I wash it after every hunt if I'm not camping out.

I come home, undress, clothes go straight in the wash.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:53 PM

I wash mine almost every time I wear it....depends on how warm it is. My base layers DO get washed every time out.

Cover scent is named wrong, I think. It should be called "Added scent" because it just doesn't cover up your odor. Deer can pick out....I don't know how many seperate odors. All it does is add another odor to the mix...IMVHO, it is better to smell like nothing.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Spike

I wash my base layers everytime to every other time depending on the outdoor temperature. I don't wash my outer layers a whole lot, and the reason I don't is cause they never see anything except the inside of a bin and the good ole outdoors.I get to my hunting place, park and turn the vehicle off, take the bin out of the vehicle and change. Upon returning I get bin out and change again. Mobowhuntr, I agree with you, it is much better to smell like nothing... or dirt, cause that's everywhere. Cover scents don't work where i live too many places i hunt where the scents change andI don't want to carry one to the other.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

I'm asking because some neighbors next to the area I hunt have seen a couple large bucks hanging around. I wash all my under clothing but have not washed my camo. I use a dirt spray and I have had a spike buck and a 6 point come right up to me. The 6 stopped directly under my stand, looked up at me and then continued on his way. I'm worried about the larger bucks catching wind of me though.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:11 PM

I wash mine about every other day or so. Or when especially on those real hot days or I do alot of hiking around and get good and sweated up I'll wash them then.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

For those of you who wash your clothes every time out...do you place them in the dryer or hang them to dry? I've never, other then the scentblocker, placed my clothes in a dryer. Just curious.

As far as my hunting clothes, I usually wash them every three or four weeks, but keep in mind I'm lucky to get out twice every weekend in the season and then always come straight in, undress and place my clothes in a air tight waterproof bag. I'm a little lucky, I don't have to travel in a vehicle or have a long walk in and out of to my stands.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:26 PM

Dryer, on low heat.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:28 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Dryer, on low heat.
With a fresh earth dryer sheet.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Dryer, on low heat.
With a fresh earth dryer sheet.
Me too.

I wash my clothes after every hunt unless I'm out in the woods. If that is the case then I dress outside (always) and when I get back to the truck I undress and everything goes directly into my HS scent bag. If it's hot I usually take two sets of camo.

Quick Reply: Quesion: How often do you wash your hunting clothes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.