Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quesion: How often do you wash your hunting clothes?

Old 11-16-2006, 08:56 PM

Default RE: Quesion: How often do you wash your hunting clothes?

I wash mine every time that they get stinky[:-]. I wash them in scent eliminating detergent and store them in a rubbermaid bin. I spray them down with scent eliminator as well.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:28 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt naked, no washing involved

Slack
Old 11-17-2006, 04:57 AM
Dominant Buck

I prefer sport wash over camo wash because of price. I wash my underlayers every time out. My outer layers every few hunts. If I have time I will hang them outside. Most of the time just in the dryer. I use to store them in bags but have found that if they are in my hunting suit case it's fine as well. Dryer regular dry setting.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:24 AM
Typical Buck

I've been wondering this for awhile. For those of you, like me, who say they change clothes when they get to their hunting location...do you do that year round? Me personally, when the temps get below about 40 that practice goes out the window, with the exception of my boots.
I'm lucky enough to have my own bathroom and"hunting room" in the basement so when it's cold, after I shower I put on my base layers in the "hunting room" and go to my truck with my junk boots. I'll spray my truck seat down with scent killer and then put on the rest of my gear when I get to where I'm going.
I love my deer hunting, but that's not good enough reason for me to get naked outside when it's 30 degrees and snowing.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wash it every time I use it. And I am sureI've been busted not having clean clothes on. Wednesday after work I went to the lease to hog hunt. I got winded from 90yds away by a big boar. The winds were swirling and he was headed towards me. He suddenly stopped like he hit a brick wall, turned around and ran 15 yds and stopped. While he stood there looking for the cause of the smell I dropped him. I was hunting with my ML that day. I had sprayed down before leaving my truck but it was not enough to overcome all the odor on my work clothes.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:16 AM
Dominant Buck

I've been detected regardless of any precautions I've taken when the wind wasn't in my favor .
Old 11-17-2006, 08:39 AM

I agree with kevin1... You can take every precaution in the world but if the wind isnt blowing in your favor you wont have a chance any ways.