Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Secret to killing big bucks.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:12 PM

Default RE: Secret to killing big bucks.

We dang sure don't have any big bucks in Arkansas. Only a bunch of spikes and fork horns around here. I think I'm heading to PA next year, after some of the bucks I have seen posted on here this year.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:16 PM

Nosir, not any deer in Illinois. I'm gonna vote Florida.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

MichaelT Don't come to PA you'd just be wasting you're time. Head to florida.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

IL is def. overrated if I were you guys I would go elsewhere.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:39 PM

I've seen some nice ones coming out of South Dakota this year. Although Kansas would be my pick if I were to go somewhere besides home to kill a nice buck.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not that I would wanna leave Iowa but I think Ohio would be my second choice. Or maybe Florida. LOL
Old 11-16-2006, 05:35 AM

I'm real disappointed that Illinoisbasically tripled the price of a non resident archery tag and went to a draw system. I can live with the draw, but the $325 for the tag kills it for me. All the Illinois hype obviously caused the state to raise the price tag to make more money.Due to the cost it hasbasically eliminated that state from my list which stinks. It's a shame, because I enjoyed hunting there in the past on both public and private ground.

Unfortunately as time goes by this is becoming more and more a rich mans pursuit.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

I'm real disappointed that Illinoisbasically tripled the price of a non resident archery tag and went to a draw system. I can live with the draw, but the $325 for the tag kills it for me. All the Illinois hype obviously caused the state to raise the price tag to make more money.Due to the cost it hasbasically eliminated that state from my list which stinks. It's a shame, because I enjoyed hunting there in the past on both public and private ground.

Unfortunately as time goes by this is becoming more and more a rich mans pursuit.
I couldn't agree with you more. I purchased my 13th in a row Ill. tag this year, to hunt for the whole season for $434. WOW!!! For them to hunt Wis. costs about $166. At the very least, I think that the prices should be reciprocating. Quite a few Illinoisians hunt Wis. Think of the money the state could make.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well all I know is Ohio sucks for big bucks... basically there are no deer here at all. I think everyone is better off hunting Illinois.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:47 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: huntingson

Well all I know is Ohio sucks for big bucks... basically there are no deer here at all. I think everyone is better off hunting Illinois.
Good try. that must be one of those Ill bucks in your avator.

Quick Reply: Secret to killing big bucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.