Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any Vacation Left?

Old 11-16-2006, 12:27 PM

Default RE: Any Vacation Left?

I have about 110 hours of vacation right now. I burned all of my personal time when my daughter was born in June, and it hasn't built back up much yet. I will be taking 24 hours next week in addition to the 2 holidays that I get for vacation. Then I will be taking about 48 hours around christmas, in addition to the five holidays that I get (1 birthday, then 2 christmas, then 2 new years).
Old 11-16-2006, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Ok, in continuation to the saga. I get in the stand this morning a little later than I had planned. I initially intended to take today (thursday) and tomorrow off. I get a call from my boss last night after my post saying that we have a lunch meeting. So, I head to the stand with my cell phone in tow and plan on sitting until 10 or so. In upstate NY it hit 71 degrees today. Not ideal weather. The fog is rolling through the creek bed that I'm guarding. I see nothing until about 8:45. I look over through the woods to the edge of a hay field and theres a deer. A quick look through the binos shows that its a buck. A nice 8 point but not any of the others that I saw last night. So this would be the best buck I've taken with the bow so the heart starts to race a little. I grab the grunt tube and give it a shot. He picks his head up and starts heading my way. So, being 23 years old I've been bowhunting for 9 years and have never had a buck come to a call. Heart rate just about triples. He comes in to 54 yards and hangs up looking for the source of the call. Its pretty thick behind me but he must have figured that there was nothing there. I'm up about 35' in a climber so I doubt that he saw me, but he seemed to lose interest and walk away. I thought maybe try a snort wheeze. He must have gotten his butt kicked recently cause he wanted no part of that call. So after he left the area I had three does come by with nothing following and then I had to head to lunch. There was enough excitement to warrant me telling the boss that I felt a cold comming and didn't think that I'd be at the office in the morning.Hopefully I've got some nice pics for you guys tomorrow. Good luck to all.

Josh
Old 11-17-2006, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

Got one this morning. Going to retrieve him now. SHould have some pics later.

Josh
Old 11-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

My vacation is already planned out and used up (all except for sick time and comp time)

Vacation (Nov 20 - Nov 28) Gone... Outta here... Going hunting in the mountains of VA at deer camp.
Vacation (Dec 4th) Gone again, out hunting...

Still need to use - 11 hours comp time, 5 days sick time.

Butch A.