Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It's over

Old 11-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default It's over

Well, I haven't been on here in a little while so I thought I would give an update. As usual work has kept me out of the woods and my season ended on Thursday afternoon even though season officially ended on Saturday. Wednesday and Thursday I hunted a new area and sat all day in stand. Wednesday even around 4 I saw 2 nice 10 points around 16-17 inches after rattling, the only difference one being higher. The first came in tothick and was headin toward eventhicker, so I grunted , he stopped. Five minutes went by him standin still and he started to move in the same direction. I grunted again and he ran. I couldn't beleive what just happened. I started to think he wasn't the dominant buck. I sat there for about 5 minutes kickin myself in the buttthen i heard crunchin to my right and behind me. It looked like another hunter movin through...i started to curse under my breathe. It kept gettin closer, I turned my head and it was the really high buck. I was sittin down and couldn't move to even grab my bow. He spotted me and stomped for a few minutes that seemed like hours and eventuallyturned and walked off as if nothing happened. BUSTED!! Thursday I say in stand all day and only saw one small buck about 60 yards and in really thick stuff. I grunted, I bleated, nothing mattered and he kept movin through. Nonetheless, rifle season starts here the Monday after Thanskgiving and I have the first 3 days off with a buck and doe tag. First year in 9 that I didn't kill a deer with a bow,l but what an awesome last week. Hopefully I'll nail a big boy oepning day and I can save my doe tag for late archery
Old 11-15-2006, 06:22 AM

Default RE: It's over

Good luck!