Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bucks aren't responding? (Illiinois)

Old 11-15-2006, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bucks aren't responding? (Illiinois)

It seems that they are pretty locked down with the does right now. Things will pick up this weekend with shotgun season coming in and they are on the run.

At my farm we usually kill 2-3 big bucks on opening morning that just show up and no one had seen them before.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:12 PM
Spike

I hunt in northern IL. In the past week the bucks were running though the woods, I haven't seen them chasing any does yet. But trying to get them to stop or to bring them in any closer was in possible. Until yesterday, i went and bought 2 cans of that Buck Bomb stuff, 1 in buck urine and the other in doe estrus and saturated the area. I also
hung some scent wicks with Mrs doe pee on them. Combined with soft doe grunts and buck tending grunts. A doe came in about 25yds away I then drew on her and stopped to see what she was looking at. Thats when this huge 8 pointer came charging in right under mystand smelling the buck bomb cans I left at the base of the tree. Thanks Buck Bomb! Pics on the way.

In short, Dig deep into your bag of tricks and get them to respond! Good Luck...
Old 11-15-2006, 11:10 PM

well bucks r not hooked on does in scott morgan area yet the weather pattern has put the bucks in a lull. the simple r more into eating then breeding. this new weather pattern should awaken the rut full throttle and buck will turn dumb and answer your call and grunts seek and chase is on but the bucks arnt hooked upyet a good week or to before that

anyone agree??????????