Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Neat Statistics!!!!

Old 11-14-2006, 03:42 PM

Default RE: Neat Statistics!!!!

Reading posts like these sure make me feel blessed. I hunt public land and I've seen probably less than 20 hunter total this year. Almost never see small game hunters. I don't think I could handle hunting in Pa...I wouldn't be able to deal with it.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah PA is a treat........LOL

(But I did see less guys in PA this year than a certain other state right Greg?)
So if PA has 6 bowhunters per square mile, and the area of Clinton Co. that our camp is located in has 6 deer per square mile that makes it a pretty fair fight huh!? Everybody gets a deer!

This is also exactly the reason why you will hear fly fishing guides out west say that many of their best flyfishing clients and guys they run into on the water ripping lips are from PA.
We have so many fly fishermen crowding our famous waters and the fish can be so picky that to sort of use Rob's quote..........if you can catch fish in PA on a fly you can pound the crap out of them anywhere else.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I ever move to another state I'm going to Iowa! In fact, on the drive home from Illinois we stopped at a truck stop in Indiana. We struck up a conversation with a fellow Michigander who was in the process of moving to Iowa to bowhunt during his retirement years! He said the hunting at home was no good any more.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just saw the forecast for opening morning of rifle season tomorrow. They are predicting fog and low visibility. Thats scary considering how many people are going to be in the woods with rifles, many of them sitting on the ground.