Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

FILLED ALL MY TAGS!!!

Old 11-13-2006, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default FILLED ALL MY TAGS!!!

So i didnt really fill all my tags, I am in Virginia and have 6, and can get more, but i am in college and have only hunted 4 days this year, i havent gotten a kill yet. but i was curious, everyone is talking about how they are done for the season because there tags are filled. i will take any minute i can get in the woods, whether it be with my bow, rifle or a camera, taking pictures or filming a friends hunt. yall dont really stop hunting once yall have killed the limit do yall? i expect an outdoorsman/women to be out there as much as possible, scouting, enjoying the great outdoors, whatever it may be.

happy hunting to all.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: FILLED ALL MY TAGS!!!

I filled my only buck tag a 2 weeks ago, I had a friend come into town for a 8 day hunt, the second day we filled his only buck tag. We're tagless, we went turkey hunting but that didn't fit the passion as much as we liked so that evening we were both in treestands with video cameras. I had a gorgeous buck walk by, I knew it'd happen.

I then invited a fellow HNI messageboard member to come hunt one day, unfortunately last minute he couldn't make it so we made another phone call to my friends brother to make the drive and come up and hunt. He ended up passing one buck and missed another on film. I filmed the largest buck I've ever seen in the PA woods as well as many others. I was hunting through him with my video camera. I don't like to be done when the best is yet to come.

I've been fortunate to be invited to hunt another board members haunts with him so I moved a couple days and am headed to NC this weekend.

Yet another invited me to Ohio next season as well as back to NC and PA...I'm making plans as we speak as well as thinking of ways to really make the wife happy into next season, if you know what I'm saying.

There are some fantastic members here on HNI, great people and good hunters. I've had many come hunt with me and I intend to have many more come hunt with me in the future. It's an extended family and I'm glad to be welcome in it.

Good luck to all still out there in the trees and blinds with bow in hand.