Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Too many deer and this doe (pics)

Old 11-13-2006, 08:08 AM

Default RE: Too many deer and this doe (pics)

dwd2001, I just took a second look at your pics and noticed feathers on those compound arrows. Ah a man after my own heart. I tried shooting plastic but just can't bring myself to use them. I still love 5" feathers for hunting nothing steers an arrow better. Maybe someday you'll share that nice little honey hole you have there with some of your huntingnet buddies. Hint Hint
Old 11-13-2006, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

very nice pictures, tastefully done. good job.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:33 AM

Nice deer dwd, at least someones having some luck around this state. Have you seen any chasin yet?
Old 11-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats
Old 11-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

nj, it is a great spot I wish I could hunt it more but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

PA, I'm definitely a feathers guy. I don't really care if they are supposedly "noisier" and I've shot them in the rain and never had problems out of a well tuned bow. And most importantly I think they look stylish... it's all about lookin good right?[&:]

Grant, the deer in the NW corner of the state weren't chasing much at all. for as many deer as I saw I really only saw a couple of bucks chasing and it was pretty half hearted at best. The little bucks were far more active than the larger ones. Last weekend the deer at McAlester were really starting to get after it and a couple of buddies hunting on the South Canadian have seem a lot of rutting activity. I think it's about to get good. I just with rifle season wasn't until mid december.