Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I finally got my first deer with a bow...

Old 11-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default I finally got my first deer with a bow...

Last thursday a nice five pointer chased a doe by my blind. He disapeared for about 20 minutes and all of the sudden all hell broke loose.Out comes the doe...She was moving fast...and he came out his neck was swollen and he was making short quick grunts..It was awesome...He went behind a tree and i drew the bow...I shot him at 15 yards and got both lungs and sliced the end of the heart...He went 70 yards and died..Libertys are great broadheads...It stayed together and everything..And huge wounds...Seventy yards on a dead run isn't very far..He's only a five pointer but i couldn't be happier...Im addicted now....And hope to get a shot at a doe before friday night....Im sure gonna miss bow season.....I would love to post a pic...but only had a disposable camera at the time...I can post a pic of his antlers later though, my sister has a digital camera.....I mounting his antlers on a plaque..along with the part of the arrow i found...The arrow buried to the fletching...It makes it twice as good in my opinion cuz i've had so many people tell me i couldn't shoot one from the ground with a bow...Matt
Old 11-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Spike

Default RE: I finally got my first deer with a bow...

Congrats, and many more to follow.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very cool.
Congrats!
Old 11-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

i should have the pictures of the antlers by tommorow...they're definetely not big but i couldn't be more proud...
Old 11-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys...I've been waiting forever for this...I would like to thank you guys for all the advice and info you have given....I shot the deer 3 days ago...and still can't shut up about it...I feel like i've done the greatest thing in the world...Which in my opinion i have lol..I showed the whole town this deer...lol..I brought it to my dads work after i had it at the diner and about 60 people saw it....My dad is pretty proud...And the guy i hunt with...He's basically given up his hunting for the year so i could shoot a buck...He lets me hunt all the best spots..He bought me the bow...and taught me to shoot....He's the guy i owe it all too....He was as happy as i was....And he also happens to be the best hunter i've ever met....
Old 11-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Fork Horn

awsome nothing like a person getting there first deer and stop saying ...it only a five pt. thats a serious trophy for a first deer with the bow . congrats
Old 11-13-2006, 01:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your first! Your hooked now.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:49 AM
Fork Horn

thanks guys....
Old 11-13-2006, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good job on yer first buck. Now go get yerself yer first doe.

Quick Reply: I finally got my first deer with a bow...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.