Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Concerns

Old 11-12-2006, 06:07 PM

Default Concerns

I was wondering if anyone else has concerns about Bowhunting during rifle seasons. My wife is awful concerned about me hunting during the gun season. She has also heard the story of a bowhunter being gunned down in MN by two rifle hunters so she is even more concerned about it.... not to mention she is pregnant too....

I was wondering if anyone has these concerns of if their wives expres these concerns to any of you...
Old 11-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Concerns

I wouldn't even bother unless you have ALOT of private property that your the only one hunting on! Plus it is a little dangerous. Here in Wisconsin you can't bowhunt during the regular gun season! I would give it more thought if I were you!
Old 11-12-2006, 06:23 PM

I was going to go out this morning, and use some orange tape on the outside of my blind and wear a vest, but after some of the stories I have heard, and with how I know some of the people I know hunt, it was not a settling feeling. I decided to not go hunting this morning. It was hard because I have the itch pretty bad. But I also want to be a father soon too... I guess two weeks isn't too long to wait. Is it?
Old 11-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

not at all my friend you will be busy anyway trust me but if you can find some private land and wear some orange you should be fine or you could do what i do carry the gun and the bow if he is close enough stick em or farther away bam him
Old 11-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

here in Al, the bow season runs right from oct 14th untill jan 31st, gun season runs 2 of those months so you really dont have much choice. i just get land that only bow hunter hunt on
Old 11-13-2006, 05:51 AM
Dominant Buck

I only bowhunt......and I'm not going to end my season when the smokepoles come out. So....I'll be out there with the bow.

Now...I DO have sole access to private land.....and a buffer of a county park that prohibits hunting. I also have a neighbor that knows no boundaries or seasons. He's my only concern.

Jeff
Old 11-13-2006, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I continue bowhunting throughout the general season and my wife is concerned. I mostly hunt private land but when I do go on public I wear blaze orange. The law requires it and so does my wife.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well lets look at the statistics..........you are much more likely to be killed in your car on the way to work every day than you are to be killed in the woods hunting. Chances are if you are going to die in a hunting related accident, it will likely be from falling out of a tree, not from getting shot.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:44 AM

Thanks for all the insight and opinions. I just secyured some private land in MN for thanksgiving weekend, rifle season ended there yesterday so I should be clear to hunt there. heh
Old 11-13-2006, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

surprisingly my dad voices more concern than my mother does when rifle season comes around and i am out there with my bow. ill take it as it comes, but most hunters are responsible and safe and i trust them to not shoot me.

Quick Reply: Concerns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.