Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So freaking mad!!!.....HELP!!!!

Old 11-12-2006, 04:05 PM

Default So freaking mad!!!.....HELP!!!!

OK, here's the story(I'll try to keep it short). I went out this Saturday and late in the afternoon I saw a doe being followed closely by decent buck. Eventually they made their way to my stand and the buck presented a nice broadside shot a mere20 yrds from me. I thought to myself this was what many a hunter dream of, I let my arrow fly and heard the distint "twack" of my arrow hitting its mark. Needless to say I buck ran like a bat out of hell stubbling along the way. As he ran I heard the snap of my carbon arrow. Well I waited 45min and went down to see if I could find any blood were he was standing at impact. But all I found was about half of my arrow, which was tipped in blood, but no other signs or blood. So I backed off and went back to look for him a 6:30am the next day. Me and my buddy were there until 12:30 and then the downpour came, we were soaked and had to leave.....we found NO blood what so ever. And now it's suppose to rain until Wensday!!! HELP WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENED????
Old 11-12-2006, 04:09 PM

Default RE: So freaking mad!!!.....HELP!!!!

I think you have a dead deer on your hands and you need to go find him.

Sounds like maybe you hit the opposite shoulder when the arrow tried to exit and the deer's leg snapped the arrow.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:10 PM

Shoulder?
Old 11-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

just go from where you shot him and start doing circles....or grids........good luck.....
Old 11-12-2006, 05:00 PM

same thing happen to me last year, found my arrow in 2 peices with blood and fur on it. Heard the snap when it hit him. Searched all night and the next morning for hours, no blood and no deer to be found, just a broken arrow with blood on it.....
Old 11-12-2006, 05:23 PM

Ironworker,
Thats the thing....whenI went back the next day I thought for sure that I would have at least a spot of blood or two, but nothing!!!![]Me and my buddy did the whole gird thing and still nothing??? And what makes it even more frusterating is that I did find some blood on the half of the arrow that I found....but that was it!!! I hate this feeling, I don't think I've gotten a good nights sleep since it happened.....[&o]
Old 11-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tyler... Take your dog for a walk in the woods. Don't take your bow, but He may just point you in the right direction trained or not. Good Luck and don't give up!!!
Old 11-12-2006, 05:47 PM

my bird dog finds ded deer he points em just like a bird
Old 11-12-2006, 07:00 PM

Sorry fellas no dog.......
Old 11-13-2006, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

What color was the hair? I had this happen one time when I hit a buck very low behind the shoulder. The arrow went throught the flesh low in the chest right behind the leg and he broke my arrow.The arrow never entered the chest cavity. I found both pieces of the arrow with little blood, white hair, and a piece of flesh with white hair on it. I know he survived cause I messed up another opportunity at him the next year .

Quick Reply: So freaking mad!!!.....HELP!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.