Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I messed up!

Old 11-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default I messed up!

This morning in my stand I decided to do a practice draw as I always do when I get on stand. Before I do I look things over and make sure all is well. This morning all was not well. I noticed that my cable has been nicked. I don't know how or when I did it but it looks pretty apparant that I got a BH a little too close. I'll be putting my old cable back on as a temp and then retuning. What a pain in the butt. However I'm trying to stay positive about the whole thing. At least I saw it before I tried to draw and something really bad happened. I have to send Gibblet a PM now so I can get a new one. He made this one just a few months ago. Oh well. I'll be hunting with my ML tomorrow. I sure am glad I saved my old string & cable "just in case". And I'm also glad I now own a Bowmender press so I can replace it myself.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:34 PM

Default RE: I messed up!

Your actually pretty lucky , that could've been disastorous.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

No doubt. A monster could have come by my stand and I would only be able to watch! LOL! Yeah, I'm really glad I found it and that is why I make it a habit to check my bow when I get in my stand.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:40 PM

That's good planning right there, and good advice too. Don't toss out your old cables or strings unless they are just unuseable. And keep a portable press w/ you too. Just for such emergencies. Good thing you caught that.....I've got a nasty scar on my wrist from a broken string at full draw.....OUCH.