Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is this legal?

Old 11-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: is this legal?

Maybe if you aren't capable of dragging or packing the deer out from that far by foot, you should hunt a little closer to the road. If it was me, I would enjoy the workout, I need more exercise than I get anyway. It's just part of the hunt. I would get my packing boots on and make a the trip, JMO!!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Dominant Buck

If your not suppose to, then yea, its illegal needless of cause. Like here in Texas, Atvs are illegal on the river. No matter why they are there, its illegal.

If you hunt too far to drag one,bring some pacs and quarter your game in the field and pack it out.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I pretty much hunt alone. What i did was i went and bought one of those deer carriers you know the thing with the big wheels that you pull behind
I have taken out some very nice mature bucks buy myself using it all the weight from the deer is placed right over the axles of this thing makes it very easy to pull. You can be in and out in no time with you deer
Its helped me out a ton!
Old 11-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

If there is a road then you are ok. You just have to stay on the roads/trails. That doesn't include the trails that other people make just for the heck of it.
Although people around where I hunt drive all over the place and they are not supposed to. I would get one of them ther deer carts. That is what I am going to do after having to drag my doe 600 yards in all that tall grass and brush. Talk about a workout.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:10 PM

Buy a deer cart. They work wonders. My dad got one for $50 at Bass pro shops and we go way back into the public land we hunt. If it wasnt for the deer cart I,d prolly still be draggin...lol. Anyway this is worth the $50, we have used it 4 times this year alone,so it paid for itself. Plus you dont want to get a big ticket when dont have to. And second if you drove a truck or 4 wheeler where i was hunting id be pist, so dont make your other hunters mad.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

Some areas allow certain benefits for disabled hunters but even those are rare
Old 11-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RTA47

I pretty much hunt alone. What i did was i went and bought one of those deer carriers you know the thing with the big wheels that you pull behind
I have taken out some very nice mature bucks buy myself using it all the weight from the deer is placed right over the axles of this thing makes it very easy to pull. You can be in and out in no time with you deer
Its helped me out a ton!
do you know the site for one of those pullers?
Old 11-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bass pro shop is if i remember correct is where i pick up mine but cabelas also sales them. Go to there websight and check-em out.
there are 5-6 differeny styles. One of these Sound like what you need?
Old 11-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

definently NOT worth it. i hunt about 2 miles back..one day me and dad put 3 deer on the ground. talk about a DRAG. could easily drove the truck back there..but its illegal on state game lands. definently not worth it. if your not going to play by the rules you better play closer to the road and just drag it or buy a cart or something like everyone else did. Paul is right..could just be a stiff citation..but could confinscate your vehicle, game, weapon, hunting liscense..the whole 9. ya..i think ill stick with my rope tied to a stick and my legs...and if i get caught i better change my college major..getting arrested by the guys ill be workin for..and although it seems like a good reason its actually NOT...quick or not if they let you slide they gota let everyone slide....might as well make your public hunting land into a ATV and 4x4 park....
Old 11-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

not legal in Pa. Then again either is Sunday!

Quick Reply: is this legal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.