Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Greg H. and all

Old 11-08-2006, 03:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Greg H. and all

TJF, they are respectable for sur. 130 to 140's. I'm heading out right now for another chance. Best of hunting to you guys. Chris
Old 11-08-2006, 04:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Keep after him Mo. I wish I could just see a deer to have that optionbut only have been out for a total of 9 hours this year. I'll be going with DaveH tomorrow though and the way he is slaying them I should at least see something
Old 11-08-2006, 05:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Oh man I think I screwed myself [:-]. I passed up 2 different 8's that would go 120 -130. Has looked pretty blah since then in my woods. I know the one I'm after. I got him on cam a couple times and seen him during daylight hours once. Begining to wonder if I'll see him again and if I messed up my chance at a nice buck.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Site Buck Guru

Wow! I almost went against my own advice and shot a 129" 8! What was I thinking? I guess a couple of sparse days makes the smaller ones look pretty good. At least I held off. Patience, man.

After I passed on the 8, a button buck comes along and beds 20 yards from my stand. After 15 minutes, I give him 5 loud grunts... nothing. So I give him a few bleats from my can call.... Nothing! Finally, I just pack up and slowly cilmb down the tree... Nothing! So I just sneak out of there. He must have been super tired to not see a 6'2", 225 lb guy climb out of a tree just 20 yards away. It was cool that I got out of there without being detected.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:11 AM

I don't pass on any bucks intentionally LOL. I have posted this year's story numerous times in different threads with similar questions, but I had aunique 6 or 8 (not positive as I don't really concentrate on the headgear when I'm preparing for a shot), I didn't pass him on purpose, I meant to kill him, I *really* did, but I couldn't draw with so many clothes on. I was kinda glad I couldn't, I woulda been guttin' him out bout the time the 160 class came strollin by, of course, I missed the shot on him, shot right under him. That may have been my only chance at that deer, I've seen him twice since then, but not even in gun range for me (150 yds out), and on the neighboring property, so I KNOW he's still there.

Tomorrow will make a week since I've been in the woods, just had too much going on with sick kids, out of state weekend and whatnot. I'm hoping he's still hangin' around, but who knows. Either way, we need some more freezer meat, so I'll take whatever comes out. So far, I've seen more wallhangers this year than anything, so hopefully my... ahem... "patience" will pay off.

Hang in there, if you have that many deer around you, chances are if you are beginning to smell the "tag soup" boiling, you will have a shot at *something* before it's all said and done. Good luck to you!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I passed on a number of bucks, some of them were nice deer for my area, but none were the 2 that i was after. 2 weeks back i found out that both deer i was after were hit by a car and died within one day of each other. I ended up finding on the one deer, but never got to see the other. Ever since then i havent been able to get a buck within bow range. Figures, but that is hunting.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well I seen that big a. ten running does this morning. Hes got three of them with him right now. I'm gonna kill that pimp if it's the last thing I do.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go get him motown, im rooting for ya.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah i will probably end up with tag soup also. almost got a crack at a 130" 10 point and also a 120" 8 point but to much brush. been passing alot of small ones. gota keep trying.
Dan
Old 11-08-2006, 08:54 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Well I seen that big a. ten running does this morning. Hes got three of them with him right now. I'm gonna kill that pimp if it's the last thing I do.
Good to see you got another look at him to keep the fire going. Unlike Greg today, I had no problem passing the only buck I saw today. Course he was only a forky though!! [:'(] [:@]

The twobig bucksI was after today were running onsomeone else'sland that I don't have permission for. Them darn does leading them astray!!!

Tim

Quick Reply: Greg H. and all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.