Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quiver Poll?

Old 11-18-2002, 10:37 AM

Default RE: Quiver Poll?

i remove it as soon as i sit down.

Old 11-18-2002, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer an Alpine Soft-Lok and remove as soon as I get set-up.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-18-2002, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

I use a CAT quiver, Sweetest deal I ever bought. Leaves the bow slim and clean. I like the bow bare.

LIFE MEMBER: United Bowhunters of PA; NAHC

Frank
Old 11-18-2002, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me too, detachable, off when in the stand, on while on the ground.
...and yes, I practice both ways and have made sure that there is no big difference when getting tuned up.

Keep 'em all in the Bull.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:39 PM

Well I guess I'm in the minority here but I use a fixed quiver designed by Mathews for Mathews bows. I use to use the detachable kind until the quiver fell off of my hook, hit the stand platform and crashed to the ground spooking a nice looking deer. Should I have been more carefull? - absolutely - Will it happen again? - Nope.
Old 11-18-2002, 04:08 PM

thats the second thing i do when i get in stand nock and arrow then take off my quiver

"She said if I hit that fishin hole today, she's be packin all her things and she'd, be gone by noon....I'm gonna miss her, when I get home."
Old 11-18-2002, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cat Quiver I for me too.......pack in in on my climber then wear it to climb......it then gets hung on a hook with a strap running thru the bars putting it tight to the tree. Plus it has a roomy gear bag that I can put my rangefinder, headlamp, drag, knife etc in so I don't need an extra fanny, backpack.
Old 11-18-2002, 06:42 PM

For years now I've used a detachable quiver on my bow. I've tried 3 models, the Kwikee Kwiver 6, Bohning Guardian and now a Hoyt 4-Arrow Quik Detach. I must say that I've never been satisfied with any of them. The Kwikee was easy to snap on and off but hummed and rattled if I shot with it on. The Bohning was quiet to shoot with, but was h*** to get on and off and it weighed the bow down way to much. The Hoyt is the best of the three, it's light, quiet, and fits my bow nicely, the twist knob attachment is smart but the plastic knob stripped out. I'm thinking of switching to the CatQuiver Mini from Rancho Safari. I figure it can double as a quiver to wear small game hunting too.

PBB

Pick a hair.....or a caruncle!!
Old 11-18-2002, 06:52 PM
JKT

Started using an Alpine Soft-Lok 3 this year, I take it off after getting set up. Never used a removeable one til now, really like it.

Jim

Quick Reply: Quiver Poll?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.