Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

KANSAS WHOPPER HIT!!!

Old 11-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Spike

Default KANSAS WHOPPER HIT!!!

Ok my buddy calls me at 3pm and says at noon he went out to fill his feeder, he hunts on the edge of the city (pittsburg) and i mean on the edge he actually parks on a street, but back to the story. He says that as he pulled down to the feeder he seen 3 bucks 1 in the 140s one in the 160s and a giant chasing a hot doe, he said they were like a cutting horse. He went back to his shop and got his bow and went back hoping to climb in his stand and when he was walking in he noticed the doe bedded 20yds off the edge of the lane to his stand and behind her is the big buck, the buck stood up so he drew his bow and shot him, he said it was a quartering to shot, but he took it. he said he only got 10inches of penetration, and he came back to work and went back to look for the deer at 4pm so thats 4hrs he calls me at 6 and said he jumped the buck and the side with the entry was covered in blood and the other clean, but where the buck was bedded blood all over. he said he got a good look athim and hes a perfect 10 that he guesses would go in the 180s, i told him to back off for the night and continue in the morning so i will keep you updated. what would you of told him?
Old 11-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: KANSAS WHOPPER HIT!!!

If he was my buddy I would of told he shouldn't of taken a quartering to shot, but thats just me. I hope he gets his buck! Good luck!
Old 11-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Spike

he had already shot the deer so what good would that of done, and your telling me that if you had a 180 1/4 to you and you had 1 chance you wouldnt shoot, i know its not a good shot but alot of men on here would of flung one, i sure would of tried to crash a muzzy through the point of the shoulder.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

I would have shot to! I shot a 4x4 saturday that was quartering to me and he only made it 100yds from my stand. napa you did the right thing by telling him to lay off until morning let that bruiser bleed out and he should have a hanger in the morning
Old 11-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope he gets it too! but that will be luck as there is nothing probable, or ethical, about quartering to shots.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

best of luck
Old 11-07-2006, 10:28 PM

I think i speak for everyone when i say "good luck finding him" and also we wanna see pics if the story has a happy ending.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Spike

beleive me i will post pics if he recovers it, im gonna go with him in the morning, and hes killed some big deer so he knows what a 180 looks like, so there will be no ground shrinkage. thanks for the luck
Old 11-08-2006, 04:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

your telling me that if you had a 180 1/4 to you and you had 1 chance you wouldnt shoot, i know its not a good shot but alot of men on here would of flung one,
Only the unseasoned ones which seem to be more and more of coming here asking for help after a bad shot choice. Most if not all the seasoned veterns here would not take such a shotbut would let him walk to be hunted another day especially if he were a brute, the animal just deserves more respect then flinging an arrow at him at a bad angle just because he is a brute.As evidence reat this thread:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1785661
Old 11-08-2006, 06:19 AM
Spike

you are from Delaware, so you will never see a 180, i dont understand some people, i see post of people asking for advice or whatever and people totally go around it just to think they know it all and to bad mouth the person who posted the topic, so if you have some smart a$$ comment take it else where. I didnt shoot the deer just telling the story, shich i know alot of people like to hear about, not trying to be a Dic* but im tired of seeing the know it alls bash every thread on here.

Quick Reply: KANSAS WHOPPER HIT!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.