Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

question for il bowhunters

Old 11-07-2006, 06:31 PM

Default question for il bowhunters

ok guys i have been out the last 2 afternoons 1130-dusk and have seen squat. are we expecting more movement for later this week? my boss said i can take my afternoons next week rather than this week would you switch? what are the rest of you illinois hunters seeing...i am from 30 miles se of springfeild
Old 11-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: question for il bowhunters

The deer are screwed up right now! The last week has been horrible. We don't see any deer from the stand. When we get out of the woods after the evening hunt there are deer moving everywhere. Its like they are moving at night and just dropping where they are at daylight. Hopefully things get better in a hurry.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:11 PM

I feel your pain....Same deal in Iowa right now
Old 11-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

In early October, I was seeing them moving in the woods around 9 and 10 am. Last week I saw 4 moving at 6am, and took one home.

No rutting, just walking.

Soon.

Old 11-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't really know what is going on, but I would be happy with seeing squat!! My vacation right out the window without even a shot at a doe.

But it also don't help that they are just now getting to the 200 acres of corn on the property.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know deer have been moving great over here around jacksonville. The bucks are really starting to chase.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Spike

Same problem here.....sat ALL day the past two days...nothing...not A deer...came out for 1 hour for lunch each day...today...take a drive up to town....A big buck is out in a picked corn field with a doe LOCKED UP..he wasnt chasing her..the were locked up for sure...then i drive a quarter mile away and see another large buck just slowly walking through a field....go the rest of the way to my property..not ****....soooo disappointing.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Spike

Yeah, All my pictures last week of deer on my trail cam were between the hours of 2 and 5 in the morning. I've seen nothing during the daylight hours. Im in N. Illinois.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

I watched a buck chase two does last Thursday. Bucks are out looking for does right now and today was a great morning hunt for me. Saw 3 bucks and took home a field dressed 230 lb. buck this morning. I have been seeing no does, but its about to bust loose!
Old 11-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Typical Buck

You are right, I haven't seen anything around the time the full moon was here. Saw my first smaller (6 point) buck chasing a doe today at 3:30. I can called and she came over by my ladder and peed. She was a nice doe and I should of took her, but was wanting the buck to come outfor abetter look. Anyway they left unspooked! Maybe next time!

My father inlaw shot at a bigger buck mon morn at 7:00am. Hit a branch and arrow stuck in dirt.He showed me the arrow, had about 5 inches of dirt stuck to it. He said it just was walking/sniffingaround after that. Didn't even pay attention to doe/estrus bleats. He was hoping for another shot, but never got it!

Seen a small spike tue around 4:30 pm on otherside of creek.

Havent really seen a whole bunchof activity though, hoping it pics up soon!

good luck!

Quick Reply: question for il bowhunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.