Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hug your 4 legged friend(s)

Old 11-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hug your 4 legged friend(s)

You know what gr8.......I don't think you'd say that in my presence. I know you wouldn't say it without whistling through a mangled frown the next time.

I promise you that.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was just a little kid when I lost my first dog, a beagle named Buddy. He was my pal and I didn't understand why he had to get hit by that car. Now I have two more, my old goober Freckles, and the young spunker named Runner. These guys bring a smile to my face, no matter what my mood is. I can't fathom the day they won't be around....and I know Freckles is getting close.

Freckles:

Runner:
Old 11-07-2006, 01:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Rob.....or any moderator.....just lock this or delete it. I said what I needed to.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

Well said, and I could not agree more. I even take my German Shorthair to the office with me 3-4 days a week. So she is with me 24/7. Except when I'm in a tree. I can't even think about when she may not be here with us.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:01 PM

Sorry about the news of your dog.

I have a 1 1/2 year old beagle and he is my best friend and best hunting buddy also.

I know the day will come that he goes, but I don't even want to think about it.

Just keep your dogs memory in your heart.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Rob.....or any moderator.....just lock this or delete it. I said what I needed to.
SB: Don't let one bad post get to you. This is a great thread. Dogs truly are a man's best friend....and its good to acknowledge that fact. Plus its allowing others to share their own stories about their friends.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:03 PM

Hardest thing I've ever had to do was have a dog put down. I just couldn't let him suffer.

Terri S.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:25 PM

SBG,

I am sorry. Been there on more than one occasion. I understand your pain and I hate it that you or anyone else has to go through that experience. But, I can tell you this, You are a better person because of her, and she was the best friend she could be, because of you.

I thank you for your post, it shows your heart, and we all should be willing to love that much.

God Bless you and Ashley
Old 11-07-2006, 02:31 PM

Sorry to hear about your pooch.......dogs are the best.....they will love you unconditionally..I love my pointer, she is a huge part of my family.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:01 PM

I know how you feel I just had to put down my 13 year old chocolate lab. He went every where with me. He was the only hunting buddy I ever had because no one else in my family hunts. Harley ( my dog ) would go on every bird hunt with me and he and I had great success togeather. If we weren't bird hunting we would be shed hunting ( something all hunters should train their dogs to do its badass) and he was always along with me to find and recover the deer I had shot. Labs are truely magnificant animals.

Quick Reply: Hug your 4 legged friend(s)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.