Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MY FIRST DEER WITH A BOW

Old 11-17-2002, 07:06 PM

Default MY FIRST DEER WITH A BOW

I hunted all last week before gun season started here in Missouri. I was in my stand all morning and saw a bunch of deer, but they were too far with a bow. At 11:15 am, a nice bunch of deer came within range out of the timber. For some reason, they all turned and were heading back in to the timber. Well the last deer was a small doe, and she offered a perfect broadside shot. The problem was, the shot was about 45 yards. Well, I shot and hit her way to far back and gut shot her. I waited 30 minutes and started trailing her. I found alot of bright red blood, so I figured my chances were good of finding her. Well I trailed her for 3 hours, with no success. I walked until dark, and never found her. I was pretty upset. On the opening day of gun season, saturday, I was sitting in a different stand about 1/2 mile away from my bow stand, when a little doe came in with her head down. She had some blood coming from just in front of her back leg. I drew down and shot her with one shot. When I walked over, I found the entrance wound where I hit her with the bow, and it was a definite pass thru shot. I was upset I hit her so far back, but I was then relieved when I shot her the next day with a gun. I wish I could have asked her where she went when I was trailing her that whole time!!!! Anyway, I dont know if you want to call it a bow kill, cause I killed her with my gun, but I know I hit her, and am now enjoying her tenderloins and backstraps. Happy hunting and be safe.
Old 11-17-2002, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: MY FIRST DEER WITH A BOW

Congrats. Way to finish her off. A deer killed with anything is a thrill

&quot;A Country Boy Can Survive&quot; </IMG>
Old 11-17-2002, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

Good way to end it.

curt nulle
Old 11-18-2002, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish all wounding stories would end like that!

<---Doug---<<<
Old 11-18-2002, 05:45 PM

CONGRATS!

If I ain't huntin',I'm trappin',If I ain't trappin',I'm fishin'
If I ain't fishin',I'm wishin'!