Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slept in...AGAIN...

Old 11-05-2006, 01:54 PM

Default RE: Slept in...AGAIN...

Campo, My wife and I are almost finished building our log home in northern ulster county (catskills)... I am a hunting fanatic and have panic attacks if I miss a day of hunting. I purposely purchased this property for the sole reason of not having neighbors and being able to hunt my back yard which backs up to miles of endless forest with nobody else around..... Well....... That all changed with the amount of energy needed to build this house and when 5am comes around I look out the window to see if there are any bucks then go back to sleep LOL.... sometimes sleep is a priority and you don't want to run yourself down. I lost 30 pounds building this house in 6 months and every day I am dying to get out there. So far this hunting season I have been out 3 times for 1 hour each. But..... I have seen deer during each occasion so I guess all is good.

You can bet your bottom dollar I will be out there opening day of rifle with bells on
Old 11-05-2006, 02:11 PM

Campo, I too am a teacher and I know exactly what you are talking about. I wasn't able to get out of bed this weekend either. This is a really hectic time for me at school so I have been super busy. Sleep is a necessity to your health. If you feel like you need to catch up on some ZZZZ's then by all means do so. That being said, I know it sucks when you think about what could have been. I don't have any great ideas on catching up on some rest, except maybe to turn the heat up in your house where it is almost impossible to go to sleep. Then when that alarm goes off it won't be near as hard to get out of bed.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alot of guys have jobs that keep them from enough sleep, myself included. You have to tell yourself, that you can sleep after the season. The season is only SO long! Get in your stand!
Old 11-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do what the Indians did.

Drink alarge amount of water before you go to bed. Nature will wake you up.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

My problem is when I have a day off to hunt I get up before the alarm clock. That sometimes means sitting around drinking coffee at 2AM. What I don't like is getting up and leaving the house so early I am in my stand 2 hours before shooting light. Always seem to be freezing my butt off by the time I can see the woods.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

Do what the Indians did.

Drink alarge amount of water before you go to bed. Nature will wake you up.
This WORKS!!!!!! I used to do it when I was in the Army. No better alarm clock to actually get you up than your bladder screaming at you. About a quart of water before sleep will get you up at roughly 4 hours later. Other than that is a guess, but you will figure it out if you really want to get up.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:17 PM

I sometimes do the same thing. So I came up with an idea to help me. I would set my alarm clock, and also set my cell phone and put it on the other side of the room. That made me get out of bed to get it. Once I get out of bed I'm up and going. Try it.

Chad
Old 11-06-2006, 12:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Campo my old hunting buddy. I gotta plan. You let me know next time you want to get up early and I will give you a wake up call. I would call you right now if I had your number. They can always pull in a substitute for the day. The kids don't mind.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Campo!!!! Campo!!!! WAKE UP!! your not gonne get one with your head resting on that big fat fluffy marshmallow.
I sure wish I had your phone number. Your gonna miss a great day in the woods.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:36 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Stainless

I used to do that on occasion as well. What fixed my laziness was getting a hunting partner who either shows up at my house at 5 am or I'm supposed to meet them somewhere.
This will work. Just knowing you're expected or haveing someone else counting on you to show up will force most people to be on time.

Quick Reply: Slept in...AGAIN...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.