Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

the woods just seem dead!

Old 11-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default the woods just seem dead!

I dont know if its just me but in the last few days i have had NO luck. When only a week ago i was seeing bucks every time out. I dont no if ispossibly the full moon or what but even the squirrles and other animals seem slugish. I cant believe that their in lockdown already but i dont no.Has anybody in the midwest had similar luck in the last few days?
Old 11-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: the woods just seem dead!

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I haven't seen a buck, let alone a deer for a week now. We had wind for four days, now it broke and there is no movment. I'm in northern Wisconsin, were are you
Old 11-04-2006, 06:20 PM

im in northeast indiana and i didnt even see a squirell tonight. i agree the woods just seem really quiet and they arent like they usually are.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same for me here in west central Illinois. Killed a doe 2 weeks ago and have only seen 2 deer since.

Went today and I only saw 3 squirrilsand 5 turkeys during my 9 hours on the stand. I don't know what the deal is right now on my farm. On the way home though I saw 2 nice bucks and several does feeding in some fields.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

im in southern wisconsin, lafayette county. Im glad im notthe only one who is having a tough time, hopefully in a fewdays it gets back 2 normal.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't seeing any deer right now. Last night and this morning I saw nothing, tonight I got busted by 4 does that came into my food plot and that's it.

I'm hoping to see a lot more activity next weekend.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hunted Maryland this morning and saw one small buck around 8:30. Last time in the stand (October 19), I saw 8 does (2 may have been repeats).
Old 11-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Was out tonight with my father in law and I only saw two very small does with zero bucks within range. I agree.....nothing seemed to be doing anything!
Old 11-04-2006, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess im lucky right now. usually with the full moon im not seeing much but this time is different. almost had a shot at a 130" 10 point Nov 1st eve. and Nov. 2nd morning. and am seeing a ton of does, 12 this morning and a small spike. In the mornings im seeing them very latelike 9:00-10:00Hang in there.
Dan
Old 11-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

In SE PawhereI hunt, I saw 6 deer on Nov. 2 and all 6 were shooter bucks except for one and he was a wide 4pt. It's on!

Quick Reply: the woods just seem dead!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.