Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Under Armour ????

Old 11-05-2006, 06:44 AM

Default RE: Under Armour ????

under armor is only good if your moving keeping the body temp. up .
in the tree stand after a hour feels like cold rubber ! the best body armor thing i have is a hoodie . i can say it's worth the $$
Old 11-05-2006, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just finished 5 days using it some of them. I have 4 different kinds of underwear and usually wear 2 at a time. The underarmer is wierd, very tight, but evenly all over so you don't get squeezed in anyone spot. As far as keeping you warm I suppose it could if you can stay dry enough before settling in. I couldn't. It would eventually dry out and I would be comfortable then. It is not what it claims, (end all) but just as good as some lesser underwear of the same type, ie moister wicking blah, blah, blah... I didn't pay retail for mine, around 35 a piece therefore the reason I tried it out. Glad I have it but most likley wont buy more. Frooze the last day wearing it, but with the help of chem warmers, my wool coat w/hood and my prey coming in for a cup of mojo, I'll most likley never remember the cold.

Would love some wool to try because being wet is not a draw back with that stuff. Have seen the JC stuff before but not interested in a mid wieght. Just didn' see what I wanted. I wear a wool coat after I get in stand on days I get cold.

I also tried different socks. My rubber boots have 1200 grns thinsulate. Feet sweat in these easily. The first day I wore some smart wool socks and liners. They got wet so I wore just the liners. Worked great. I tried it other days with mixed results. One day I just wore some new socks made out of alpaca wool. Worked very well. Will get more of those and liners. Would love some underwear made out of it.

I meet a women at a festival who makes wool garments and talked to her about socks. She could read my mind. I'll be trying hers out some time. She came up with her own form of pack for boots. She makes 3 different sizes of socks for the job. $25 a piece, but I think the more you get she will give a better price. No mid wieght stuff. Didn't ask about underwear.

Here's her contact info

Nancy Wild
2400 Wolf Creek
Adrian, Mich 49221
(517) 265-9145
Old 11-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

I believe wool is better choice over any synthetic including "Under Armour". The synthetics hold odors much more than wool will. I have been wearing a brand called "Smart Wool" for a few years now, which is made from Merino wool. And use it as a base layer for my hunting. It is not cheap, but will not shrinknor itch.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:15 AM

I have used Under Armour for the past few years. It keeps you warm but more importantly it wicks away moisture keeping you dry on those long hikes to the stand. I usually wear my Under Armour and along sleeve t-shirt under my jacket and never get cold. I like not having to wear as many layers, makes it easier to move on those cold bow hunts.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:41 AM

i have used under armour in the past. at first, i thought they were great. but, if you are on a back country trip that last a couple of days, they do stink. what i have found to work is anything with x-static or similar silver technology. i can wear the same top and bottom baselayers for 3-4 days straight, hunting all day without stinkn'. for the money, that has been great for me.

cabelas has them. heres the link
Old 11-05-2006, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

those seem nice yotehuntr....thanks

i have a pair of xtatic socks and my feet normally sweat and stink with cotton socks but notice its a lot less with the x-tatic...do you know what their thermals are made of exactly if you do ....would you please post(what the tag says)
thanks
Robby
Old 11-05-2006, 09:51 AM

heres a similar technology but less expensive.

link
Old 11-05-2006, 09:55 AM

alpha capo,

my mtp x-static tops & bottoms are a couple of years old. the first link i posted is the newer version of what i have. i'm sure it's the same or better.

give me a minute while i go and check the label for you.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:59 AM

98% polyester
2% x-static

Old 11-05-2006, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for doin that yote...you are the man...
if the thermals are just like the socks i think they might be worth it.
i'll go to the store and check into them

Quick Reply: Under Armour ????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.