Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just wonderin

Old 11-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Just wonderin

so i have been busy and have had a question to ask as soon as i got on the forum.....i have the primos origional can and i was wondering how often do you use it? also when to use it?....as a locator, attractor,or stopper....in the morning, middle of the day or at night....and how often is to often....what is the main purpous of the can? to attract bucks or the does that have bucks following them ??also is there a way to make it louder because when i use it, it isnt very loud and i dont see how the deer can hear it....i am srry that i have so many questions but i like to cover all the basesi will try to get on soon and soak in the knowledge of you expert hunters
thanks and god bless!!
Old 11-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just wonderin

anyone ?
Old 11-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

I have all three cans. li'l can....Doe bleat original....estrus Big Can.....suppose to travel farther on windy days, never used it yet.

I really don't think there is a rhyme or reason to them. I usually flip mine a couple times every half hour. I have shot deer using these cans. I have blind called them in early season with the li'l can and have also seen deer changed there path to come my way. I kind of read the deer. If I see one and he isn't coming my way I will flip the can and see how he reacts.The deer will lift its head usually if it hears it, then maybe again if it's not looknig my direction so it knows which way it came from. He may turn and I have also seen them ignore them completely, If they do ignore it I will not just keep flipping the can. I use the li'l can which is more of a contact bleat, which kind of means hey I'm over here. Thats more for early season. I wouldn't want to use an estrus bleat way ahead time. Last year I brought in a big bodied small eight during the rut with just the li'l can. When the ruts on you can mix buck grunts with a couple flips of the can. Rattle/can. I think the main thing is just not to OVER CALL. Sometimes I will go out and not call at all, unless I see a deer thats moving in another direction. Sometimes you can flip the can in your pocket just seems to quite down some if need be.

I am not an expert. Just some of the things I have tried and seem to do ok with. Maybe someone else can give you better details!
Good luck!
Old 11-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks crutch