Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another Birthday Deer!!!

Old 11-03-2006, 08:58 PM

Default Another Birthday Deer!!!

Well I shot my first deer of the season this year on September 25th, my 21st birthday. It was a nice big doe. Ironically enough, I shot my second deer of the season today, and it so happens to be my dads brithday today. To top it all off, it was my first buck. I got on my post at 6 am and immediatly saw a small buck out of range. About 25 minutes later i had a button buck come by me. I drew back and as i was waiting for a shot opportunity to arise, he caught wind of somethin and picked me out in the tree. He turned and i squeezed the shot off. As i watched the arrow sail over his back I was filled with frustration. Needless to say he got away. About 20 minutes later i hear footsteps behind me and turn around to see this sweet 6 pointer walkin my way. I stop him about 22 yards out and squeeze off the shot. A clean double lung pass through. I went crazy after I saw him hit the ground after only going 60 yards. Its my first "real" buck ever (not counting button bucks) and I got him with the bow so he is a trophy in my book. I am heavily considering getting him mounted even though he is not huge, but he is my first. More pics will come soon. (Anyone have an upcoming birthday, lemme know and i'll be sure to be in the woods that day.lol)

Old 11-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Another Birthday Deer!!!

My b-day is the 11th, 8 days away. It's a givin that I'll hunt that evening
as I always do. Unless it falls on a Sunday, cause I live in BLUE LAW P.A.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck, congrats on the first. I have yet to get one with my bow!
Old 11-03-2006, 09:26 PM

Congrats, why not have him mounted? I had my first mounted and I am very thankful that I did.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on your first! Get him mounted. I got my first buck last year in MD. A small 4 point but I'm still proud of him. I didn't have him mounted but now I wish I had. Nothing like your first deer with the bow and absolutely nothing like the first buck. I was fortunate to do both last year. Remember, be proud of what you shoot!!
Old 11-03-2006, 09:33 PM

Absolutely nothing wrong with that buck. Congrats to you.

Welcome to the brotherhood

Good hunting and God Bless

Old 11-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am heavily considering getting him mounted even though he is not huge
Go for it, I got my 1st archery deer monuted and he was alot (I mean way) smaller than yours. You will never forget this one, being able to look up and see him will just make it sweeter.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:41 PM

Congrats to ya! and get him mounted. The first buck always has to be mounted.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats I'd get him mounted. I didnt get my first bow buck or my first buck mounted and i regret it. I really wish I would have. He's a dandy first buck you should be very proud. Congratulations and I wish you many more successful hunts.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the nice Buck.

Quick Reply: Another Birthday Deer!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.