Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Venting on my no deer frustration!

Old 11-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Venting on my no deer frustration!

I am very very very disappointed, all the work I’ve put into bow hunting and here I am in the peak of the season and am seeing less deer than ever. I feel I’ve hunted as hard as I ever have. I’ve controlled my scent, watched the wind, read bow hunting magazines, books, forums, watched video’s, scouted new woods, found new spots, cleared trees, spent money on archery gear, practiced, planted food plots, tried scents, tried calling, tried rattling, called in sick from work, taken vacation day, tried being extra quiet, hunted from tree stand, ground blinds, natural blinds and still I haven’t seen a buck (other than a fork and a nub) from my stand. Hell, I’ve seen more bucks from my car. I am very disappointed and discouraged at this moment. Is bow hunting really this difficult? Or am I really that bad. Just don’t know what I can do different. I don’t think I can hunt much harder than I’m doing. I’m pushing the limits of my patience and time away from my family. I don’t like the idea of giving up, but I’m barley hanging on to the end of the rope...
Old 11-03-2006, 07:55 PM

Default RE: Venting on my no deer frustration!

hey man i know how you feel but beleive me, if your spot is worthy....you will have something come. just wait it out a little longer.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hunting can be frustrating. Try to be patient, if the deer are there and you are careful you MAY get your shot. You say you are hunting hard, could it be too hard? If you over hunt your stands the deer will pattern you rather than vice-versa. Good luck, the season isn't over yet!
Old 11-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I never said it was easy! All it takes is one deer to walk by at the right time and you'll forget all about the "not seeing any Deer"!!! Keep at it, eventually it will pay off!!!!! Good luck!
Old 11-03-2006, 08:06 PM

bowhuntin' really is that hard!is this your first year bowhuntin'?you need to have more patience! so, what if you start to see more nice bucks in the stand but they do not come within bow range!? then you will be frustrated over that, too! be MORE patient and someday it will pay off!
Old 11-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know what it's like to not see deer. Believe me I went almost an entire season two years ago without seeing a single buck.

Be careful about overhunting your spot. You might be overpressuring your hunting spot.

The other thing is that it doesn't matter how hard you hunt if there aren't any deer there. Sometimes you just gotta find someplace else to hunt. Hunt where the deer are.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

Fear not deer tale, for now is the time of year when you'll have a nice buck show up in what might be the most unlikely spot in the woods. Not sure where you're hunting, but I like to practice what I call pop-up hunting durring the rut. If you have a climber, hunt a pre-selected spot in the a.m, and take a stroll and use your gut feelingto pop up in tree when you think a spot looks promising. Like I said, it may be the most unlikely looking spot, but then again, the deer wont be acting "normal" for a couple/three weeks. Try posting up downwind of the thickest crap you can find. Bucks like to cruise these areas sniffin for a sweetheart. In any event, the worst day I spent in the woods beat the heck outta work. Oh yeah, on the way home from the hunt, pick the wife up some flowers, and a little toy for the kids. And when you do score on a deer, take the boys at work some jerkey. Helps keep everybody happy
Old 11-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

I've been hunting since 1999. Right now if I can count right I've got about 10 or more sites that I hunt. I usually only hunt them two times in a row depending upon wind. I've shot 4 does and one buck in my career. It's just that I thought it would get easier. I thought I was figuring the bow hunting thing out. But just when I think I've got it figured out I'm back to the beginning again.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont worry your not the only one! I've had terirble luck this year. Not seing much of anything but they are starting to move. I seen 4 doe's in the field today at 1:30. So keep trying and they'll hopefully come to ya!
Old 11-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

If you have done your homework and hunt smart the deer sightings will come. What I do is relax and try to enjoy being able to be out there as often as I can. Here where I live in La I'm luckly to see a deer probably every 4 or 5 times on stand so just have to be patient and maybe when I do see deer it will be the right one. You can't see deer at the house.

Quick Reply: Venting on my no deer frustration!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.