Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you get WHOOPED!?!?!?

Old 11-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Do you get WHOOPED!?!?!?

Just wondering if others get whooped during hunting season.

Scouting, setting up stands, and trimming lanes. The gazillion miles logged on your feet going back and forth to different stands. Getting dressed/geared up - getting undressed/ungeared up every hunt. Moving treestands. Tracking and dragging deer (good problem). Practicing shooting. Doing 8 thousand loads of laundry. Field dressing and butchering deer. Etc.............................

I hunt everyday morning and afternoon from day one untill the end of the season. During the rut I'm on stand from dark to dark. I wouldn't change a thing or trade anything mentioned above for the world. I love every minute of all that's involved. Just curious if anyone else notices their bodies taking a beating during the season. After about 3 weeks into it my pants don't quite stay up on my waist anymore [8D].
Old 11-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you get WHOOPED!?!?!?

some of us actually take a break.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

Between work and the kids I don't get too awefull WHOOPED. But I sure do wish I had your problem!
Brandon
Old 11-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ohh Yeah. I try to hunt every night and couple mornings a week. I actually gain weight durring hunting season. I have no time so I eat alot of fast foods.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea your body does take a beating , you gotta be in good shape and in good health for the long run.
Like you I wouldn't change a thing , especially this time of the season pre - rut and the rut itself is the best time to be out in the deer woods.
I get out evey chance I get and from where I park to where my stand is , I'm walking about a mile or so there and back over some rough terain and a very mucky swamp that any body in there right mind wouldn't dare to cross.
Beleave me its a real pain in the butt , especially when I gotta drag a deer back outits a good thing I got a game cart.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Work gets in the way of being worn out from hunting. I wish I had that problem.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go to GNC and buy L-arginine. Take 1000 mgs a day. Don't do it if you have any heart or medical probs though. It makes your stamina go through the roof. Your muscles will not get fatigued at all. Body builders take it. It is an all natural essential amino acid. Benefits circulation and as a side benefit, it will make your totem pole hard like rock maple. But that is just icing on the cake, as hunting always comes first this time of year. With that stuff though, you could hunt all day and still come home and do a little "ruttin" of your own.
I find that I don't get as cold when I take it, and muscle fatigue is eliminated.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm beat as well! I have probably lost 10 pounds already! The rut is on, I hope I lose 10 more! I'm in the same boat as yo are NY! It feels good to be whoooopped!!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

Its not my body so much as my mind or maybe even my soul. Just keeping a positive attitude is tough when things don't work out as planned (in other words see deer...)
Old 11-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: livbucks

Go to GNC and buy L-arginine. Take 1000 mgs a day. Don't do it if you have any heart or medical probs though. It makes your stamina go through the roof. Your muscles will not get fatigued at all. Body builders take it. It is an all natural essential amino acid. Benefits circulation and as a side benefit, it will make your totem pole hard like rock maple. But that is just icing on the cake, as hunting always comes first this time of year. With that stuff though, you could hunt all day and still come home and do a little "ruttin" of your own.
I find that I don't get as cold when I take it, and muscle fatigue is eliminated.

Man you really do hunt hard don't you?

Quick Reply: Do you get WHOOPED!?!?!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.