Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

IOWA BOWHUNTERS

Old 11-17-2002, 04:19 AM

Default IOWA BOWHUNTERS

After reading through the posts, I noticed a few people are from Iowa. How many Iowa bowhunters do we have on here. I would like to know so maybe we could trade emails back and forth. Everyone knows we have the biggest deer in the country here. LOL Just kidding Texans and Wisconsins. No really, how many are from Iowa?
Old 11-17-2002, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: IOWA BOWHUNTERS

I'm up here near Waterloo. I got back into bow hunting, after a 15 year timeout, two seasons ago because muzzleloader season was too short and I wanted to spend more time in the woods. With the help of the people on this site, I got a nice doe the first year. Last year I got a nice little buck. This year I have filled my Bremer County antlerless only tag and got a nice 8pt with my any deer tag. I still have a Black County antlerless tag to fill. Maybe tonight! Jim

Old 11-17-2002, 09:37 AM

I am up in the Osage area. This is my second year bowhunting after taking a doe last year.

Old 11-17-2002, 06:48 PM

Im from Washington which is down by iowa city. i agree we do have the biggest deer around.

Old 11-17-2002, 08:13 PM

Burlington here,i hunt property bordering Geode lake. just got a buck with a real tiny stump for an antler,estimated age 2 yrs.
grunted a BIG 12 pointer in saturday morning on a dead run to me and all of a sudden he made a 90 degree turn and bolted into the timber and i am thinking what in the H?LL and then i see these two dogs going full speed after him.(I was pi$$ed) needless to say >
good luck bud YUKONBILL (bowhunt only)

Old 11-17-2002, 09:21 PM

I forgot to mention I'm in southwestern Iowa. (Union county) I hunt on my own farm (80 acres) and surrounding property(400 or 500 acres). We've got at least 50 or 60 deer on that property alone with another 50 to 75 in the section of land south of me. Big bucks too. I see deer every time I go out. It's great! I literally hunt about 150 yards behind my house. 2 nights ago we had 7 does run through our backyard 40 ft from the house!
Old 11-18-2002, 08:25 AM

Shenandoah IA here in Fremont county. Healthy deer herd! Still seeing really nice bucks but I'm tagged out. hunting does now.

THWACK!
Old 11-18-2002, 08:39 AM

Logan Ia in Harrison county. Lots of bucks chasing does but none past my stand yet. Holding out for something nice for awhile.

" Anyone can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a Dad"
Old 11-18-2002, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

Ottumwa, IA in Wapello Cnty.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:12 AM

I'm from Lyon county, the furthest NW county in the state. There is'nt near as much good hunting ground around this part of the state,but I do okay so I should'nt complain.

Quick Reply: IOWA BOWHUNTERS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.