Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i hate tresspassers

Old 11-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: i hate tresspassers

Could the deer have been shot on another property and just died on your land?

Old 11-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Spike

My family has land not too far where the hunters were shot and killed in Wisconsin by the Hmong guy a few years back. We have had lots of problems with these groups as well. They basically storm the land and shoot everything. Well, you can imagine the feelings of people around here. And what happens? I am sitting in on of my stands on Sunday are start hearing the "pop pop" of 22's. 6 Hmong and a dog come roaring through with sacks on their backs. Shooting squirels and songbirds. I sat still and let them pass, what else was I going to do? I got down a bit later to report this. Now, this is the sad and scarey part: other land owners were getting together to go find them. I fear that someone is going to get hurt again soon if this keeps up, either Hmong or non-Hmong.

This is and has been a big issue in NW Wisconsin lately.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:31 AM

Last season me and a friend were ground hunting on his father-in-law's property. Some people came through doing a drive, and shot at a deer right between us. Another shot hit the tree above my head. I can't wait to hunt outside of Jersey.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:39 AM

I hate them also. There is a guy named buckslayer over on a Pa web site that brags about spreading sweet feed around his stand and all the deer he takes that way. He hunted with my friend and he quit hunting with him when he realized how this poacher hunted. He uses the phrase, " everyone cheat a little, noone is that good at hunting"

This guy thinks he is the best,owns the best shoots the fastest, kind of hunter, thats why I never hunted with him.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

I feel your pain. Always hate to see young hunters forced to deal with the ugly side and ugly people who infect our way of life. It happens every year on our farm in Southern Illinois. There aren't 15 trees left without a "No Tresspassing" sign. And every year the same thing happens. We actually had some guys from TN try to tell us they had the right to walk across our property, and directly under one stand, because it made it easier for them to get where they were trying to go. Of course, that didn't happen. And then, when gun season comes in, look out. It seems like every overweight beer drinker from Chicago thinks Trees=Their Hunting spot. Regardless of who's property it is.

I know there was a post a few weeks ago where somebody made the comment that they hoped guys like this were no longer alive, or something to that effect. A lot of people made several negative responses to that sentiment. But when your 2 weekends of gun season that took 365 days to prepare for, is invaded by morons, who's to say the planet isn't better off without them? When you try to stretch your hunting out and enjoy what God has given you to enjoy by bowhunting, and you wind up spending it with a bunch of uninvited out of staters who care nothing about QDM, land owner sweat equity or anything else. Do we really need them?

Not that I'm in favor of shooting them, even though the thought has crossed my mind, but is a good scare out of the question? Is that unethical on the ethical hunters part?

ShawneeSlinger