Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This Suxs

Old 11-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default This Suxs

Been a real bad season so far,
Undershot the large buck a few nights ago, took the next day off to track, no luck, He was on the move after 13+ hours of bedding.

Back up to opening week, My brother and 16 yr old nephew out gunned(bow) Me and put 5 down, Me 0, no shots.

took a strait down shot on a doe a few weeks ago, with a flying squirrel running circles around My head (thats its own story), I was trying to take the back out, but was off to the side and took 1 lung, she clogged and quit bleading after 100 yards, went off the farm I was hunting.

Tonight I thought I would give the swamp stand a break, and grabbed the climber, to set up on the meadow by a creek, at the base of a hill with laurel (bedding), put some doe pee here and there.
Got up and did some 3 group doe bleats 10 min apart
(am I the only one who looks around to make sure no one sees Me stick a large, ribbed rubber thing in My mouth and start blowing on it ??)

Anyhow, a nice 6 point (a 35 pound fawn would be nice at this point)
comes in from My right and is 15 yards out before I notice, he hangs out there for 15 min, smelling and looking around, as I try to sit up.
He looks up at me 3-4 different times, andI stay frozen, thought for sure he would bolt, I am in a lone tree 25 feet up (no branches) in a grassy/brushy meadow, no cover at all. But each time he goes back to looking around, There is no cover and i am thinking there is no way for Me to draw and rotate to the right. He then turns around but I can still see 1 eye, every so often his ear would rotate foward and cover his eye for a second, and I could move an inch. Then he walks off behind the only group of trees, I go to full draw and he comes out from the trees and walks dead in front of My stand 12 yards out, clean shot, I grunted, He looks the opposite way, I let My breath out and ssqqqqueeze the release.
The arrow is headed home, at the last moment I see a flash shot strait up from his back and for the life of Me it looked high and back, He takes off on a quick run/trot. Where I "thought" the arrow ended up he should be laying there with a brocken back. But how can I be so far off at 12 yards ???????
I had just put 16 arrows through it before heading out, the bow/Me is good.

Totally bummed, come down with 1/2 hour of light to check it out, No arrow any where ( I was shooting down on a 45 deg), See where he dug in, the the path out, no blood any where !!??!! Found the arrow 30 yards away stuck in the dirt slid under the grass off to My 2 oclock, he ran off to the 11 oclock. No blood, no nuttin, clean arrow.

What I saw was the arrow hitting the only twig in a 1/4 mile, and deflecting OVER his back off to the 2 oclock.

Whens gun season ??!!!!

Seeing as I have tore up My only area, anyone in Southern MD need some deer killed ?

Slack
Old 11-02-2006, 08:31 PM

Default RE: This Suxs

I've never heard of a lung clogging up. If you hit that lung she's dead.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Slackdaddy

Seeing as I have tore up My only area, anyone in Southern MD need some deer killed ?

Slack
why, do you know somebody?
Old 11-03-2006, 04:22 AM
Fork Horn

Why yes, I just scare em to death !

Just kidding, I am going to give it a rest for a week, -work on form and distance.

Slack