Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ladder Stands - Quiet? Convenient?

Old 11-03-2006, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ladder Stands - Quiet? Convenient?

Ladder stands are they way to go man!..........You can put them in almost any tree. There easy to set up, and comfortable! I have two.......One homemade 15', and a 12' two person one that I bought at Menard's for $78.00. I'm going to do some modifications to the seat on the cheap one this summer. But it was still well worth 78 bucks.

I killed this buck out of my 15' ladder stand just a few hours after i put it up

Old 11-03-2006, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

Like buellhunter said make sure you sink bottom ladder rail in ground. Then after all the straps are in place and tight, I would suggest that you put bongy(sp) cords around each sections of the ladders where they slip together. Now some stands come with pins and locking ring for these slip in joints.Sometimes the stands will still settle a little after first put up. It just helps keep the ladder sections from coming apart later on.

Be safe and good luck!
Old 11-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Spike

i love my laddeer stands,i have a climber also but ussually head for the ladder,just hook bow up to the pull string and climb up.so much easier than the climber.i also make my own and they are constantly changing as i try new things.i bring them inside after i'm donefor the season and fix them of any possible saftey concerns.my latest has a 30x40 platform and only cost me about 40 bucks to build,but i did have some lumber already.