Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how is this "hunting"

Old 11-02-2006, 12:42 PM

Default RE: how is this "hunting"

That ISN"T HUNTING, that's just killing. All you have to do is pull the trigger. I have NO respect whatsoever for those hunters or their trophies, and it pisses me off to see morons hunting like that. I guess it's up to the person to decide on their method of kill, but I hold these people in the lowest regards. Why do people do this? I don't even respect trophies from outfitters, because I don't think it's much of a challenge. Those are just my views. Furthermore, CWD is spread and comes from places like this.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion, "canned" hunts are a marketing tool, just like scents and calls. Someone, or several someones, saw a market for offering fenced animals as a way to make big bucks. (no pun intended)

This topic has created a double edged sword, of sorts,for a lot of us:
1) Most hunters do not condone this type of hunt and bash the people who do.
2) By bashing these hunters publicly, it gives fuel, to the anti-hunting movement's, fire. Once they successfully eliminate one type of hunting (canned hunts),they will surely go after another.
3) By allowing the "canned" hunts, this too adds fuel to the anti's fire.

We need to stop sqabbling amongst ourselves and support each other. There is no other way to defeat the anti's. I don't think canned hunts are right, but that is my opinion.I WILL, however,support the decision of those who do.

Bottom line, if we let the anti's get an even bigger foot hold than what they already have, we're up Schnit's Creek without a paddle!!
Old 11-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just watched a show where a guy shot a big buck with a tag in its ear, this is the 3rd fake hunt ive seen in 3 days, it makes me wonder is what im watching real or not... cause most of the time they dont even tell you
Old 11-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't even respect trophies from outfitters, because I don't think it's much of a challenge.
Hmmm, did you know that a non-resident is REQUIRED to use the services of an outfitter to hunt in many states? Such as to hunt griz, mountian goat, and dall sheep in AK.
many, many outfitters guide hunters in the wild wild west where there are no fences! Not a challenge!!! You need to get out more!
Old 11-02-2006, 03:48 PM

All I know is high fence is not for me, I don't care how big the game is.

As far as guided hunts? I like it the DIY way but, going on a guided hunt does not offend me any.

I can tell you I have had run ins with a few outfitters that have over stepped their bounds, but like everything there are good ones and there are bad ones.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:21 PM

[:@]
Old 11-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats not hunting!It's killing or shooting.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ITS BULL**** WHAT IT IS i would never do this! its morrally wrong you should be ashamed if you have ever took part in it
Old 11-02-2006, 08:04 PM

If that's what hunting has become, then I don't want to be a part of it. Don't ever say that it fuels the antis. NOBODY should condone that disgrace for hunting. I have nothing against them illegalizing canned hunts and DO NOT think this would lead to the downfall of real hunting. This is not hunting, it is the KILLING of an animal that has no way of getting away. I don't have anything against killing penned animals for food, of course, but you CAN'T justify killing an animal like that for the rack and for own personal pride. That's lame and sickand is what gives hunters a bad name to the public.Those are my opinions.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

Isn't killing penned animals calledranching? Sure as hell isn't hunting, IMO.

Quick Reply: how is this "hunting"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.