Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

true talker

Old 11-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: true talker

however, I think I prefer the flat black, soft rubberish feel of the True Talker and it's quietness during my tendency to bump things with it while in stand or as it swings around my neck.
Send'er back Greg and I'll make sure someone else without can use it, like Cougars09...
Old 11-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

oh, she's gonna get a workout... trust me, those are just my feelings right now.... but, having said that, I'll be happy to let Cougars try it out if he wants to?
Old 11-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like mine , had it for four to five years now with no problems and I use it all the time especially when the rut comes in full swing.
I really like the way I can make the diffrent sounds just pressing a little harder and I had called alot of deer with this prouduct.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great call, but I am on my 3rd one and I will continue buying them as they are the best call IMO. I have actually sat in my stand before and played with some smaller bucks with different calls, and Ihave gotten the most responses from the true talker.

And you can also use it to make an estrus bleat.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

nah greg, i went out last night and bought a true talker but if it tears up on me ill buy a deer flute if you guys say they are pretty good and worth it.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too am on True Talker #2 do to the guts falling out of my last one. I called the company though and they said to send it in and they would repair it for me for free. It was right in the middle of season though so I bought a cheapo that didn't work near as well. Heck I called in a 152 gross with my True Talker that is why I bought a new one.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:05 AM

Cougars09, make sure you take a look at the Bowgrunter plus made by Away outdoors or Hunter Speciaties True Grunter Plus. (They are the same exact call, Hunters Specialties is licensed to sell the call) I have owned 2 of these and love them. I have had a lot of success getting a deers attention with this call. I do like the true talker also. I guess I just like the fact that I can pin the bowgrunter to my jacket and then all I have to do to use it is just move my head a little bit.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had my true talker for a couple years, had some deer come in to it and others run from it (not blaming the call, just the operator). Mine was fine until I dropped it out of my treestand earlier this season, the reed assembly fell out. I popped it back in, but it took a little playing with it to get it to stay together and sound right, but I think its as good now as before I dropped it.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:29 AM
Dominant Buck

DANG!! I thought I'd just messed up the band thingies on mine, or something! Mine is making some AWFUL sounds, now. I trust you guys who haven't had problems with yours....(GREG).....but mine is SHOT!

Thankfully....my trusty teammate has the River valley flute coming to me TODAY!

I'll give an honest opinion of it when it gets here (As honest as a second year bowhunter with an out-of-whack buck/doe ratio can give...lol).

Jeff
Old 11-02-2006, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

I am on true talker #3, best call in my arsenal. I am on #3 because I drove my truck over one and lost the second one last week. I've even been practicing making the latest craze "buck roar" with it, and it sounds pretty good...

Quick Reply: true talker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.