Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you shoot a young buck if.....

Old 11-02-2006, 10:09 AM

Default RE: Would you shoot a young buck if.....

LOL, these questions always crack me up...

...I'd shoot any buck that walked by, and we have a TON of them around this year. I even missed a shot at a 160 class last week, but before him, I had a smallish 8 or so walk by and I was just as happy to try for him, except I couldn't draw my bow back (too many clothes). Eventhough I know we have older more mature bucks out there, I have a buck/doe tag, if I fill that with a buck, I have another doe tag, if I fill that, I have ONE more doe tag. If I get the opportunity, I'll fill all three! LOL

I couldn't care less what his headgear looks like. Sure I'd be thrilled to have a wall ornament, but I ain't gonna pass what God sends by me for thatpurpose alone.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I'd shoot anything I felt comfortable shooting.. if I wanted to. Moving and all that wouldn't really play into the equation to me. I don't play those games. I hunt for what makes me happy. I really don't care if it's my last or my first hunt.... I'm just out there to hunt and have fun. If someone has rules etc instituted I follow them, but that's about it.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:14 AM

ORIGINAL: uncballers45

id go for it. cant eat antlers anyway
That is exactally what my grandpa tells me, you cant eat the antlers, ya gramps but I still like the way they look, its like comparing an old datsun to a shinny new ford. Oh well, but back to the question at hand i would hold out for a big one at least thats what I do hopefully you will see mr. big
Old 11-03-2006, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would shoot it IF and only IF I wanted to!
Old 11-03-2006, 04:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here we do not have alot of deer and we have some monsters, but, I would and did shoot a young buck with the only tag we are allowed. I like to have the meat. Passing one up here and you may not be able to get another shot the rest of the season. So why not, it is your choice and letting a doe go by could help the herd later. Good Luck on what you decide.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

shoot em

Old 11-03-2006, 06:36 AM

I'd probably shoot a young one on the first year, I place no "age limits" on the deer I kill, I make the decision to shoot or not when the shot presents itself no sooner.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:33 AM

This is me 12th season. I have killed one deer (passes on a few last seaon, ended up not getting a shot). Right now, my standards are basically I will only shoot if one condition is meet : the spots are gone.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:49 PM

SIMPLE... fill your tag and your belly!! good luck.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:07 PM

i wouldnt "lower my standards" as you put it.

my standards, however; are "whatever is legal".

Quick Reply: Would you shoot a young buck if.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.