Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Been meaning to post this.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Been meaning to post this.

I've noticed that there are many veterans and current soldiers that are members of Hunting.net, so I wanted to post a special thank you.

Just last week, I attended a funeral with my father of a fallen soldier.

Sgt. Brock Babb was a father of two that was in his early 40's. He already had served his country in OperationDesert Storm, and was discharged. He had stated before he left that he didn't feel like he had served his country like he should have, and re-enlisted about six months ago. He arrived in Iraq at the beginning of October and was killed three weeks later when his Humm-V was hit by a road side bomb.

That funeral was the first time I'd seen my father cry. He lost a good friend and a great person. Brock was always involved with kids' sporting events whether his were involved or not. He constantly gave back to the community. Theexperience of a military funeral was amazing but said knowing we had lost someone as special as him.

So I just wanttoextend aspecialthanks to anyone who has oris currently fighting for our country.You make/made life what istoday for everyone who is an American. You give/gave up yourfreedom to giveus ours.

Thanks again and God Bless!!!! Proud to be an American!
Old 10-31-2006, 08:59 PM

Default RE: Been meaning to post this.

Amen and great post! Itshard to imagine what these guys have gone through to protect our freedom!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

Amen, I think about all our soldiers on a daily basis and would also like to thank everyone who is or was previously in the military. Stealthhtr22, thank you also for starting this thread.
Brandon
Old 10-31-2006, 09:05 PM

Stealthhtr22,

Thank you for recognizing the Faithful U.S. Soldiers.

I would like to express my heart felt condolences to you and your dad, and to Sgt. Babb's family in this difficult time.

Too often we take for granted the freedom and liberties given to us and protected by the lives of those who have fallen. I will include your family and his family in my prayers daily.

God Bless

Old 10-31-2006, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well said. Those guys have more courage than I'll ever hope to have. I couldn't even imagine being in some of the situations those men and women are in. And the fact that they do it voluntarily is just incredible. Thanks for the post and thanks to the soldiers who risk everything so that we can go about our daily routines oblivious to the danger they face every day.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:31 PM

Absolutely, amen to that post!

Just last week I was stopped on campus by a gentlemen asking me if I was going to the protest in the cities--to which I responded "no, I would never protest something that I support every day of the week."

Remember to keep those brave men and women in your prayers every day, because some people care too much about the politics to remember them!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:34 PM
Typical Buck

Great post!!!

I would also like to send out a special thanks to our military people/loved ones. It's a job that most people would not want to do. But it's a job that needs done and I am very proud of this country and the people who serve and protectus!!! Not only do they do it, they do it very well!!!

My prayers are sent out to everyone who has been in the military and who are there right now! And also a special prayerto the many people who has lost someone very near to them!!

May GOD bless and watch overall of you and return you home safley!!

I am truley honored to have posted here!!!!

Thanks stealthhtr22
craig
Old 11-01-2006, 02:21 AM
Fork Horn

Great post! Sorry to hear about a fallen 'brother'!

As a retired serviceman I don't think a day goes by that I don't stop and say a prayer for those men and women who served or are still serving this country so proudly. Thanks to them, we are able to enjoy the freedom to live this great life we have and enjoy this awesome sport.
And I, too, thank you all for your kind words and comments. It was a great 35 years I spent working for the government and I'm a better person today for doing it.

Thanks again!