Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Midwest Rut

Old 11-01-2006, 03:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Midwest Rut

I have seen some big bucks cruising and on my way to work this morning I saw a basket 8 with his nose to the ground. On Wed.I sawwhat looked to be a 160 inch buck that appeared out of nowhere. I did a rattling sequence and a grunt with my madcall growl and boom he was standing on the logging road. I could not lure him in the rest of the way for the life of me.He would not come all the way in all te way so I would say the bigs bucks still need a little time but the young ones testostorone is flaming hot. Good luck to all and be safe.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:52 AM

I have high hopes for this Sunday in NE Iowa
Old 11-01-2006, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

Finally getting some shooters on the ol'cuddeback during daylight as well I would bet within the next week they will be going hard at it
Buellhunter, how about sharing some of those pics? We all enjoy pics of "shooters!"
Old 11-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

Bowhunters, Good job with this forum. Lets try to keek this going through the rut. I will be posting more this week end from nw IL. That is the soonest i will be back in the stand. All though this morning on the way to work i watched small buck try to sread a little tree. It was kind of funny to watch.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Spike

Up in northern Mn i was pretty dissapointed in the rut activity. I hunted hard for 6 days from Oct. 27 to Nov. 1st. I only saw a couple of young bucks running.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:08 AM

Mofireman,
I don't have any trailcams?
Must have me confused with someone else?
Sorry
Been thinking about getting one for next year though, then I'll be sure to share any pictures I get.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

Yesterday, saw a little 6 point chasing a doe, but also had a 2 1/2 year old 8 point under my tree on a food plot oblivious to a doe and fawn. My buddy who is out in SE Iowasays it is slow. Talked to him yesterday.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:47 AM

Here in SE Ohio about the same small bucks chasing pretty good right now and the big bucks are starting to fight for territory.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:54 AM

I'm gonna get out again on Sunday in Wisconsin--all this talk is getting me a little excited!!!!

Any more updates from fellow Badger staters?
Old 11-03-2006, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

this weekend in southern wisconsin should be rockin. I have seen some really nice bucks chasing and on the trail while shining and hunting this week. With this cool weather comming in right now it should get the deer to really move.

Quick Reply: Midwest Rut

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.