Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Midwest Rut

Old 10-31-2006, 05:17 PM
Spike

Default RE: Midwest Rut

here in kansas, bucks are chasing in some area. in my area they are not chasing yet, but ive been told they are in other areas.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:28 PM

Yesterday I saw a nice 7 point with a swellen neck. Tonight I watched two bucks sparring and a doe about 300 yards in the corner of the field and they had no intrest in her at all. So I think it must be starting here in Northern Illinois.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

I've been hunting for the last three days in a row and haven't seen any bucks trailing does. I am in central Missouri. I have the next 10 days off as I'm on vacation, so I'll expect some rutting activity to show up before long. It's a great time of year. This time of the year is exactly what we live for all year long. I can't help but be stoked!!
Old 10-31-2006, 05:46 PM

The last week the little bucks have been chasing the does, but haven't seen a shooter chase until tonight, he was right with her, she came in and he was rightwith her then she took off the other way and he stayed with her......I live in North Eastern Iowa........Finally getting some shooters on the ol'cuddeback during daylight as well I would bet within the next week they will be going hard at it.....
Old 10-31-2006, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Up in Buffalo county it looks like the end of the week (if I had to guess). I have vacation starting the 4th until the 12th so I hope. Out last weekend and just small ones cruising still.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

here is southen wi i have seen at least 12 bucks chasing does, but all are 100'' or less. My huntin partner saw 2 bucks chasing a doe one was a heavy 10 and the other was a really tall 8. I was also talking to a friend that hunts about 2 miles away and he said he had a 170''+buck come in chasing a doeand he shot under it at 30 yards.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

I just got out of the woods about an hour ago here in Southern IN. I passed up a very respectable 8 pointer at 10 yds. that eventually went out and fought another 8 pointer that was bigger. One of the most exciting hunts I've had. Watched'em make scrapes, posture, chase off smaller bucks and them fight for about 15-20mins, and I mean FIGHTING!!

I did have a doe come in while the bucks were getting after it, and I could smell her estrus. No chasen that I've seen yet, but definitely bucks gaining territory.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

This past Sunday a buddy of mine was out and he saw two bucks go at it hard!! He heard this big clash and looked over and these guys were leaving it all out on the field! I have never been lucky enough to witness that. One day, maybe this weekend?

Old 10-31-2006, 09:43 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt in Southwest Indiana. I have seen smaller bucks chasing doers around and making scrapes. The other night I saw two sets of six pointers sparring. That night I also saw two smaller eight points together. The whole night the four 6 pointer were chasing around about 10 does. I haven't seen any big bucks though.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:49 AM
Fork Horn

Very little activity in northwest Arkansas. Seeing does but no bucks. Catching alot of different bucks on the trail cams but not seeing them during the day. Cold front came through last night so maybe now the action will start...I'm ready, just hope they are!!

Quick Reply: Midwest Rut

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.