Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GOOD OPENER!!!

Old 11-03-2006, 12:29 AM

Default RE: GOOD OPENER!!!

congrats on the bucks and the time and effort it took to get your program to where it is now good management techniques for sure congrats again.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:05 AM

Sorry Fellas i haven't responded to your qustions right away.

I have been hunting my ass off and finally got the buck i wanted, i will post pics soon.

We hunt 500 acres in southern minneosota (mostly tillable) But there is a river going through most of it.

Food plots and and passing up alot of 3.5 year old bucks for the past 5 years got us to where it is now.

The main thing we figured out is how little of pressure it takes to make these big boys feel uncomfortable. So we only hunt certain amout of time in certain areas. All depending on food sources and wind direction. Itpays to scoutother areas too justto find outwhat the main food source ischanging to, in factaround here they change their main food source atleast 5 times from september to dec.

I have been planting a new kind of food plot that has been working really good especially late season.

I appriciate the comments and you guys have a great board and look forward to learning from the great people on here.

Thanks again.

BB
Old 11-08-2006, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats to both of them