Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Phase of the rut in the east?

Old 11-16-2006, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Phase of the rut in the east?

if only rob knew ... he hit it to early the deer are not rutting yet but should start this weekend through next week as the hot week
Old 11-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, I hope you are right. That would be awesome. I was thinking of basing my vacation on what the pros say (Field and Stream, etc) and lo and behold, not very accurate. I'm glad I didn't.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:22 PM

First time posting here. I'm on vacation the entire week of Thanksgiving and after the warm temps this week I'm glad of it! In response to chazspots original post, this has been my most productive week in the past 5 seasons. Used to hunt hard starting in late Oct and have been successful, but my best encounters with mature deer have all been during the holiday week. Have hunted some since the first week in Nov but it is time to get serious next week. Hopefully I will connect on a big one early so I can shoot some does and shut up my son.He is giving me crap for not shooting the does and several bucks so far. Like the site and hope to contribute in possitive ways if I can.