Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

to early for esturus?

Old 10-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default to early for esturus?

I just ran out of doe pee. I just been using it as a drag to my stand. To help cover any scent. I do how ever have a new bottle of esturus.Is it to early (central,Ill.) to put on a drag? And also how about the esturus can call. All I have been doing is a littlelight rattling, buck and doe contact calls. Going out in the morning, saw a shooter buck 5 days ago. Its been windy and a little drizzly here....hoping tomorrow is better.

Thanks guys!
Old 10-28-2006, 10:10 PM

Default RE: to early for esturus?

While there is a chance an older, mature doe or two may be in an early estrous cycle, it's not likely, however....any buck that crosses it's path will be interested. No, it's not too early. In fact, it's the perfect time.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: to early for esturus?

I put out a marker with some Tinks 69 in it tonight, and had a small 4 point come by and sniff it and lick it, didnt seem to spook him, but I dont really think thats what brought him in either. He came ini checking a scrape line, should have seen that little guy paw up the ground, and munch on the licking branches above the scrapes. I doctored some of the licking branches up with Buck Nip, boy did he like that.