Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Read this recently, do you agree?

Old 10-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Read this recently, do you agree?

also think he runs off carrying world record genes goes to the neighboring farms breeds up another world record and he gets run back to your farm so you can shoot em it is the circle of BBs
Old 10-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see no purpose to killing button bucks! Why would someone? Kill doe's if you want the meat.That's how I feel about this.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would have to disagree with the artical and agree with the others here.
Let the little button bucks go and grow , why waste your tags for only 30 to 50 lbs. of meat .
If you want meat in your freezer then shoot the mature does .
Old 10-28-2006, 09:37 PM

do you shoot ALL the deer that come onto your property? I think not. Then I think it's ridiculous to assume that a deer that you let walk onto your neighbors property will get shot.

I've never understood that arguement.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: kinny

do you shoot ALL the deer that come onto your property? I think not. Then I think it's ridiculous to assume that a deer that you let walk onto your neighbors property will get shot.

I've never understood that arguement.
Right. They won't ALL get shot, no question, so what would be the harm is whacking one or two?
Old 10-28-2006, 10:40 PM

Well the way that I see it is what kind of a managment program to you want to have on your property if you do everything right, and make sure you keep your herd in check with the harvesting of does with button buck fawns with them you will increase your chances to keep that buck around, and grow to be a mature buck if everything works out in his favor. I would not shoot a button buck, if you want to be able to have bucks around, take a doe the ratio is pry so out of wack that in a couple of seasons you might be able to get a good buck to doe ratio, and really start having some good bucks in your area. Let them grow up and lets see you standing there with a buck of a lifetime someday. Just my thoughts on this.