Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does anyone else do this?

Old 10-28-2006, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Does anyone else do this?

Well say you guys kill a deer, when you go to gut it and the bladder is full. Do you cut the bladder out and save the pee and put it into a ziploc bag and then eventually eventually use it in your scent bombs or which ever you prefer. I did it this year with my button buck because he was so full he was about to pop. I have been putting it in scent bombs with pretty good results, ive had a few little bucks come right to one of them and give it a good sniff and then look around and whatnot. I made a mock scrape with it a few mins ago and im anxious to see if it gets any results.If you guys havent tried it i recommend that you do so because it doesnt get any fresher or more natural than that, and not to say much cheaper [8D]
Old 10-28-2006, 05:43 PM

Default RE: Does anyone else do this?

I tell you......I've never thought of that, but that's one hell of an idea.....One HELL of an idea I tell you. I'll be giving that a whirl I think.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

well I thought of it when i was field dressing that button buck and i was wow i wish i would have thought of this sooner. Now i carry around a ziploc in my pack.It beats paying 15$ or so for atiny bottle that came out of a real deer.That button buck probably had 6-8oz in him.It is much cheaper, man its scary when i think [8D]
Old 10-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have done that for a few years now. It's a very good way to use scents, espically since they are 100% pure, are from whitetail in the area, and are the right scent to use at that time.

I even have had a buddy shoot a doe durning the peak of the rut for the urine.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Spike

have u ever tried using the tarsal gland for a drag? works pretty good and its cheep.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:12 PM

Yep, been doing it for many years. I also cut the tarsal glands off of the older rutting bucks. Put them in a bag and hang them out around your stands perimeter.

Good hunting

Old 10-28-2006, 07:55 PM

best 8 dollars you ever save, i use the bucks and also keep the Does when the rut is gettingclose,also cut off the tarsal glands and use them in a different area.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

yeah ive tried the tarsal glands but the bucks hadnt started working them yet or anything so it was ineffective, but heck ya a rutting buck especially a younger one will bring in that mature bruiser, or a mature buck will bring in another mature one if there is another one in the area
Old 10-28-2006, 11:33 PM

well i never thought about doing that but you made me think and i will deffinately have to try it, i have heard of using the tarsal glands but havent tried it either, thanks for the post.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:41 AM
Fork Horn

We used to put the tarsel glands in empty film canisters and put them around the stand - don't know if it made much of a difference but we did it anyway!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.