Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stump jumper?

Old 10-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default Stump jumper?

The other night when I went hunting I was just getting ready to climb down from my treestand and I heard something hissing at me- I looked down and it was a opposum. Knowing that them things are mean I didnt want to take any chances, or yell at it since I try to stay quiet leaving my hunting area- So I decided to shoot at it with one of my broadheads- Well I hit it in the foot because I was to close to my treestand when I shot and when I released my cam spun around and moved my bow down. So the thing went running off...but I ruined the blade on my new $12 broadhead on a stupid opposum.

Anyways...My dad was telling me that I should get some stump jumpers. He said that they are kinda like a field point but they are flat. Does anybody know where I can get these at or have you even heard of them?

I dont want to use another one of my broadheads, so if I got me some of these I could just shoot them in the head and they will run off. (Them things are hard to kill, my cousin and I shot one in the head from about 5 feet away 7 times and it still ran off- It was trying to attack his dog)
Old 10-28-2006, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Stump jumper?

Usually they will get scared and run off but you probably could take a few rocks and throw if it happens again. Taking a shot could mess up an arrow if you hit something hard.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

I usually dont carry rocks up to my treestandBut I get your point- I just thought that it would be kinda funny to bounce an arrow off of his head- haha
Old 10-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah I hear ya. The only reason I ever thought of carring small rocks was because in one of my hunting magazines they had a be thing on ways people trick deer. One was a guy takes rocks and every now and then he will toss one or two from his stand imitating an acorn falling from a tree. I thought it was an interesting idea. lol
Old 10-28-2006, 06:01 PM

Hock up a big loogie and spit on him...it works quite well.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:04 PM

You asked a question , so I figured I would try to answer the question you asked . Because you asked a question that you wanted an answer for. And sometimes we lose sight of the fact that all you really wanted was an answer to your question.

Yes there is such a point. In fact there are a few different variations. They are called : stump jumpers, judo points, small game points, blunts, and a few other names.

Go to bass pro shops website and look up archery stuff. There are some you can see : G 5 small game head, Saunders Bludgeon small game head, Shocker small game point.

Sometimes walmart will have some type of small game point, but your local archery shop should definitely have some. But if all else fails, Bass pro does, cabelas does, and ebay probably does.

I hope I was able to answer the question you were asking and wanting an answer for.

Good luck and good hunting

God Bless
Old 10-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks MichealT- thats all I was wondering. Thanks
Old 10-28-2006, 08:22 PM

You are most welcome my friend.

Good luck and good hunting

Be safe

God Bless

Old 10-28-2006, 11:44 PM

yes they do make something like that and as a matter of fact i just bought some the other day i couldnt decide on the bludgen or small game heads im but ended up with the bludgen ones cause they were a lot cheaper but i might try the G5 small game heads also when i feel i have the money to get them i will deffinately let you know how mine work after i shoot with them.