Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

LOL!

Old 10-28-2006, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default LOL!

proff that what deer eat can make there body parts grow bigger!

Old 10-28-2006, 03:49 PM

Default RE: LOL!

Photoshop? I dont know... That is WIERD!
Old 10-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

you know what they say about big feet [8D]
Old 10-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: moosehunter21

Photoshop? I dont know... That is WIERD!
omg why do people think everything is fake

heres the story
Found Dead: World's Longest-Hoofed Buck

Thanks to ZONER Josh for sending this photo of one of the weirdest bucks you’ll ever see. The deer was hit and killed by a truck near Alma, WI. According to a local newspaper, biologists speculated that a diet high in proteins and minerals caused the deer to grow those long, curved hooves.
We ran the photo by a couple of our resident scientists and they said that while they may be off base, they suspect the animal was from a captive herd. They say that when a deer is fed excessive starch, primarily corn, “founder lesions” like elongated hooves can occur. EHD (Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease) and other diseases often cause deer hooves to crack, slough, etc., but not elongate and curve like that.
Body and rack wise, the buck was in good shape. Our biologists believe he was able to survive and prosper on those hooves because he was “on welfare.” They point out that many deer become dependant on backyard feeders and thus consume excessive corn/starch. While the animals might not be captive behind a fence or in a compound per se, they are conditioned to feed where groceries are easily accessible. You've heard it before--don't feed the deer!
BTW, the buck was reportedly placed in walk-in cooler at a bait shop for safe keeping. The owner of the shop said he planned a full-body mount.
Begs the question: If it was a wild deer, what would you think if you found those tracks?
[/align][/align]
Old 10-28-2006, 04:36 PM

It looks like a horse I helped trim the hooves on years ago. It was elongated cloven hooved. Really weird. If I saw those prints in the wild, I might just turn and go the other direction..... might not want to have anything to do with whatever had made the prints...LOL

But hey, I'll take the rack and meat any day.

Old 10-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

I believe that is real. It is possibly for animals to grow abnormal parts. Stuff happens with humans a lot so why not animals.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

read the story, it explains how it got like that
Old 10-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

They get one or two moose every year up here in Maine that are just like that...They always said they have a high protein diet and they live in soft floored swamps so they dont scuff the hoofs down...

It is weird...kinda looks like an elf!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:25 PM

Man That's crazy! I think I'd have a gun with me if I seen those tracks in the woods!!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:31 PM

Well i tell i think that i dont think he would make it past 5 years cause by then i think he would have serious leg problems and possibly break his legs somewhere but other then that its a pretty weird animal for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.