Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you be interested in maps like these?

Old 10-28-2006, 11:03 AM

Default Would you be interested in maps like these?

this is a topo overlay of an area with an additional 3d view of said area
Old 10-28-2006, 11:04 AM

Default RE: Would you be interested in maps like these?

Ahhhh... Yes.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Looks like Goggle but I can't get Goggle to print that good. It's ok but not that good. Nice job.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:12 AM

I will leaving the military soon and am looking for work. I could do this part time for money and was wondering if people would be willing to pay for my work. With the technology available I can do anywhere in the world. Ok here it is. The first person to request I will make them a map of their area like this. Just go to Topozone.com and post the link to the topo map of the area you want done.
I know that things are copyrighted etc. But just want to see what kind of market is out there before i get into all the legal crap that would have to be delt with.
PS I did that in about 10 min just messing around i know i could do it alot better like i said i just wanted to see what kinda market was out there
Also please note what kind of improvements could be made. These would after all be custom made to the users needs
Old 10-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

Ok I hope I did this correctly. thanks

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=40.83046&lon=-72.70122&size=l&u=4&datum=nad27&la yer=DRG
Old 10-28-2006, 11:23 AM

Is this a pay site that you belong to? It seems like there could be some copyright infringement going on if your selling their product..??
Old 10-28-2006, 11:33 AM

well im not selling anything at all right now but for 400.00 dollars a year to use one of the programs id better be able to sell stuff lol
Old 10-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Dominant Buck

What size maps will they be and how much money?
C7
I checked the site out. Your in trouble if you don't know your grid coordinance. On Goggel you just simply type in an address. and you can also print them out. I pay 20.00 for that site. Teh only bug..some areas are covered by a cloud. On goggle I can actually see my red suburban in my front yard.
c7
Old 10-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

$400. year i would imagine you could sell it? Anyway, was I the first to respond for the freebie? I have lots of guys here in NY that would definitely pay for this. We were just talking the other day saying how the land that they hunt is so big that they could never cover it all. I am sure that if they had a topo then they would know iof there were certain areas that would be appealing to deer. It would help them stragize there hunts better. If you do mine then i will be sure to show them your work. How much would you want for something like this?
Old 10-28-2006, 11:45 AM

longisland check ur pm
need mor info on what u want

Quick Reply: Would you be interested in maps like these?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.