Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you be interested in maps like these?

Old 10-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you be interested in maps like these?

Just came in for some lunch and then I'm headed back to the woods. Maps look awesome, I would definately be interested. Maybe you could make the contour lines more defined and elevation in another color. Cool stuff.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:43 PM

http://home.comcast.net/~stormshadow420/Untitled-1.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~stormshadow420/3d.jpg

Heres the link to your maps long island hunter they are made specifically for being printed on 8 1/2 by 11 paper. Its roughly a square mile area and relatively flat so you dont get as much as an effect of the original ones i posted. But i do believe im makeing the contour lines stand out more. Let me know what u guys thing heres a preview.

Old 10-29-2006, 01:03 AM
Typical Buck

I've done 2D overlays like that before....just not ones that look as precise as what you showed....but effective. However, the 3D image looks great and with what I'm hunting right now (new terrain...not the one that I grew hunting...so I'm basically lost half the time) I think it might be beneficial to have something like that. Basically, I like what I see and I'm sure many others here will too....keep at it and you might have something on your hands there.