Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This has got to be a good sign!!!

Old 10-27-2006, 08:40 AM

Default This has got to be a good sign!!!

So, I'm going be be getting back out in the woods this weekend after 3 weeks of not being able to hunt (school, work, etc.)--so I'm pumped about that big time today!

But, I still have to go to class today [:@]. Well, on my normal bike ride to campus, I take a walking path that cuts through a little wooded type area that runs on both sides of a creek that runs near the campus--I always thought if it were more secluded that deer would be there all the time. Today, my thoughts were made true. I honestly came about a foot from hitting a deer with my bike! Not just any deer, but an 8 point buck!

Honestly, this is probably 200 yards away from the center of campus! Needless to say, I've never had that happen before, it has to be a good sign for the weekend!!!
Old 10-27-2006, 08:47 AM

Default RE: This has got to be a good sign!!!

I used to go to Hartwick College near Oneonta, New York.
During the rut, it was not uncommon to see some real monsters, and I am talking 100"+ bucks, chasing does all over campus during the day and afternoon.
The catch, the campus is within the city limits, and to date no city hunting has been allowed. There are certain people who are working to fix that.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This has got to be a good sign!!!

It could be a good sign. Or It could be like an experience I had four years ago. Opening morning and I was greeted in the front yard by a very nice eight point eating out of the bird feeders. I never saw a buckwith more than four points after that. I ended up taking two does that year.